Amazon Prime Day (July 12-13, 2022)

It’s true that the handle has to be in the physical on position for either touch control or voice control, but there won’t be water coming out at that time. Same reason you can use it to turn the water off by voice. Stacey on IOT did a good video demo of the Delta:

One of the drawbacks for some people is that there’s no way to leave the faucet dripping if you have an issue with pipes freezing.

And with the Moen you can set the temperature of the water. With the Delta it’s just whatever temperature the faucet was last set at.

But what I would use it for is to fill the dog bowl half full, fill the tea pot, fill a mug 3/4 full, some stuff like that where I have an exact amount of water I want to use but because it’s so awkward for me to turn sink handles on and off it frequently takes me two or three attempts to get it right. This would solve that. :sunglasses:

right. But if you’re housemates are like my wife, they treat a smart faucet like a regular faucet and physically turn it off all the time. Which means voice control doesn’t work at all until you physically turn it back on…which you may was well use it manually at that point.

2 Likes

My brother tells me that both Amazon and Best Buy have some good deals on gaming laptops that have been hard to find for a while because of supply chain issues. The same specs can make for good home automation servers because of fast multiple core processors and large SSR storage. He didn’t have any particular models to recommend, but he said he was seeing a lot of different brands with a couple of models on sale.

Zwave Products has both the Aeotec hub and the Hubitat hub in stock and on sale, as well as the Zwave tool kit at almost half off. (@jkp notes below you should still shop around as you might find the items cheaper on other sites.)

The second item is $20 cheaper at a site that shall not be named :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lutron Aurora $20 (possible it is only for 1) requires hue bridge and does not import to ST

1 Like

August Locks at Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=august+smart+lock&crid=QG252VTJ7GIM&sprefix=august%2Caps%2C112&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_6

1 Like

thanks for sharing I was eyeing some products and that 20% off tipped it in their favor.

1 Like

3 hue color bulbs for a hair over $25/each is a pretty good deal IMO

2 Likes

Fire tablets have historically been popular for people wanting to set up a wallmount dashboard.

I have no idea how/if SharpTools and ActionTiles will work once the transition to the new architecture is complete. You could always use these with the regular app.

Anyway, really good discounts today:

1 Like

SharpTools.io will continue to work on the new architecture.

We already have connectivity via the new APIs in place and released to our beta users.

2 Likes

Amazon Frames always seemed like a weird idea to me. These are eyeglass frames with microphones/speakers built in. You take them to LensCrafters or someplace similar to have lenses with your regular prescription added at the regular price. You have to have your phone with the Alexa app nearby; Frames don’t actually have Alexa built in. And they aren’t fully handsfree: you have to tap them for some functions.

But judging from reviews and bloggers they are a good fit for one particular use case: listening to baseball or podcasts or audiobooks while outdoors in a relatively quiet space when you also want to be able to hear environmental sounds. So watching your kid at the playground while you are sitting on a bench, walking your dog on a wooded path, while gardening.

Which, ok, still doesn’t quite make sense to me, but whatever. There are people who really like them.

Current list cost for the second generation is $249. (And remember that’s just the empty frames, you still have to pay for the lenses.) but some prime members are being offered a $99.99 deal today only. When you get to the page, you’ll either see the deal or not. Not sure who qualifies.

Amazon offers 25% off on their Amazon devices when you trade in an older device. You also get a gift card for the trade in value of the old device. This was a great deal yesterday when they had the prime day deal on the devices. I ended up getting a new Echo Show 8 for almost $0 by trading in my original Echo Show. The prime day deal is over but you can still do the trade in. There is a limit of one 25% off trade-in discount per customer.

1 Like