Alpha Opportunity: Browser-Based Web Portal

As you’ve noticed, my.smartthings.com is now available to everyone. This is NOT a fully realized product launch but merely an expansion of access. There is no official support available. Also all the earlier caveats still apply:

1. Things may not work correctly. We’re probably aware and it should get better over time.
  2. Things may break at any time. If they seem unfixed for an extended period, post here and we’ll try to take a look.
  3. It may disappear at any time. I mean, hopefully it won’t but we may need to disable it for business reasons.
  4. It’s not the same as the mobile app. It’s not supposed to be. You already have one of those.
  5. You may be able to do things that the mobile app doesn’t let you do. That’s probably not intentional. I don’t recommend doing it as you may get your account into an odd state.

It probably doesn’t do everything you want. I’m sorry. You can post it here and I’ll see it. I can’t promise to make it do that though.

These aren’t the favorites you see on your phone. Those are currently only stored on your phone while this stores favorites in the cloud. Eventually these will be shared between devices but not yet. When we get to that point, you should expect the favorites you have on your phone to take precedence.

That’s the time until you’re logged out. On the top right (three dot) menu you can change the session length.

14 Likes