Alpha Opportunity: Browser-Based Web Portal

The UI isn’t that sophisticated yet. You have a dashboard , which you can’t change much; and a Rooms view, which is extremely difficult, if not impossible to manipulate the way you want it.

1 Like

Yup i understand that its not complete yet. Maybe it will someday. Im not looking alpha/beta access. Just wanted to say that smartthings really needs web frontend.

5 Likes

So this was started nearly 2 years ago…is this going anywhere or is it dead in the water? My guess is the later…

1 Like

Yes please provide a web interface that’s equivalent to the app !

Progress on this has been tectonic …

1 Like

Now in beta and open access? https://my.smartthings.com

3 Likes

Cool! I have been waiting for this. Thanks.

Is access to https://my.SmartThings.com open to everyone now?

I can certainly see it now. Bit difficult to fathom out where the favourites came from and the ‘People’ grouping which seems to pick up any device with a Presence capability is an instant showstopper (in the bad sense).

1 Like

Yup, I can also access it.

I guess the ice caps may be melting but Hell must have frozen over.

1 Like

Hahaha lol… maybe a release will be near. Another 2-3 years perhaps?

Either this was an error opening it up or they haven’t flipped all the switches yet. Half my devices are incorrect status or messed-up when looking at the details. Some don’t even show appropriate statuses (eg, ‘Connected’ for a leak sensor).

Try to refresh the page. This is the same issue I see with the mobile app also, devices/apps don’t show up as it times out trying to load them. Once the server has refreshed its cache, the second or third try (depending on the server load) eventually shows everything.

doesn’t help for me. i have 4 items showing on the dashboard, hit refresh, then shows 2 devices, hit refresh again, get the 4 devices again. i would expect to see many more of my favorited devices but only get a max of 4 :slight_smile:

smartapps show in the automation section where I would expect, i don’t know - automations.

i love the time at the bottom right of the screen, UTC time perhaps?

:)) It’s in BETA :wink:

It’s going to have to go through every letter of the Greek alphabet to get to a point where it’s on par with the mobile app, or at least provide decent device state info…

5 Likes

As you’ve noticed, my.smartthings.com is now available to everyone. This is NOT a fully realized product launch but merely an expansion of access. There is no official support available. Also all the earlier caveats still apply:

1. Things may not work correctly. We’re probably aware and it should get better over time.
  2. Things may break at any time. If they seem unfixed for an extended period, post here and we’ll try to take a look.
  3. It may disappear at any time. I mean, hopefully it won’t but we may need to disable it for business reasons.
  4. It’s not the same as the mobile app. It’s not supposed to be. You already have one of those.
  5. You may be able to do things that the mobile app doesn’t let you do. That’s probably not intentional. I don’t recommend doing it as you may get your account into an odd state.

It probably doesn’t do everything you want. I’m sorry. You can post it here and I’ll see it. I can’t promise to make it do that though.

These aren’t the favorites you see on your phone. Those are currently only stored on your phone while this stores favorites in the cloud. Eventually these will be shared between devices but not yet. When we get to that point, you should expect the favorites you have on your phone to take precedence.

That’s the time until you’re logged out. On the top right (three dot) menu you can change the session length.

14 Likes

You can add more than 20 rooms through browser now

1 Like

@Dianoga first, I would like to thank you for pushing to get this out to everyone. I know it’s been a challenge and you’re off to a great start! I love the ability to manage SmartApps and make quick changes to devices without having to go through the slow mobile app. This is muchhh quicker and a great complement to the mobile app. I think the two together will make for a much better experience overall.

One quick note, when I toggle the session to Keep me logged in, it toggles off automatically almost instantly.

9 Likes

I am able to access the Web Portal now too, thanks.

It’s definitely Beta since there’s no way too reorganize the Dashboard or skin it with different backgrounds.

And, I’d say that this Beta version of the Web Postal is also very confusing since it is showing SmartApps with the header label of Automations. And Automations aren’t even shown anywhere that I can see.