All in one: Camera, motion, temp

Hello,
I am searching for a device that includes a camera, motion sensor, and temperature sensor. I would like for this item to be accessible from the standard Smartthings app, as I have not subscribed to any custom handlers. Is there a device that anyone in this community is aware of?

Thanks in advance

First post, so please excuse any community rules broken :slight_smile:

I am not aware of anything that meets this specification. :disappointed_relieved:

The only cameras that have official integration with smartthings are the smartthings/Aeotec branded Wi-Fi camera, which is only available in a few countries, Arlo, Nest, and ring, but not all models of those.

As far as I know, the only Arlo camera which has temperature is Arlo baby, and it’s also one of the only Arlo models that is not included in the smartthings integration. It doesn’t even have Ifttt integration. And as far as I know, ring and nest don’t have cameras that include temperature sensors.

My guess would be that’s because most cameras run a little hot and it would be very difficult to get the ambient temperature with a sensor that is very close to the camera. Even more difficult if it’s a camera with a light built into it.

All these companies offer separate temperature sensors, and there are also many others that work with smartthings, so I’m not sure you’re going to get an all in one.

Maybe someone else knows of one. We do need to ask what country you are in, as the device selection does vary.

Thank you very much for your thoughtful insight.
Everything you said makes perfect sense.

I think I will probably do as you suggest with a Ring camera (I already have a couple) and a Zooz Z-Wave Plus Q Sensor ZSE11 | Motion, Temperature, Humidity, Light.

If you have any suggestions or recommendations to the proposed solution above, I would greatly appreciate it!

1 Like

That sounds like a good solution. :sunglasses: