The pairing process with the custum data handler provided by Aeotec helpdesk is not clean right now. Here’s how I remember it worked for me:
- Log into Graph IDE, create new data handler, publish, this will show up later as “Z-Wave Temperature/Humidty Sensor”
- Factory reset your AerQ by holding it down for 10 seconds. First 5 seconds nothing, then it starts blink green for 5 seconds, and after 10 seconds total, the green light stays solid for a little while and then goes blank.
- This is unscientific, but wait for 30 seconds before the next step (I dont’ know how long factory reset takes)
- Start Inclusion Mode on Your phone > add device > scan
- Turn AerQ in pairing mode. This is kludgy. It says press it 3 times, but speed matters. So It seems you can’t press super quick, but if you press 1 per second, that’s too slow. So press 3 times then see if the light on AerQ flashes Red-Green which indicates its pairing. After this the lights will go blank.
- Z-Wave pairing is slow (compare to Zigbee), so give it up to 1 min to see your phone, and just wait.
- It’ll eventually say fail to connect Secure Mode - here I don’t remember exactly, but do not abort, but find whatever on the screen that sort of go forward or skip secure mode (I can’t remember exactly, but don’t click X and abort)
- Eventually AerQ will pair in non-secure mode. You’ll get a success message. At this point, it’ll show up as a device that’s unassociated with a room, but with the custom data handler type.
- Edit device and change room.
Hope this helps.