Aeotec Smart Home Hub Setup Failure

Still doesn’t work. I do have a log file from the hub, obtained on a USB.

I also have a video from last night on the reset sequence if needed.

RobM, did you ever get yours working? I have the same issue. I have an open ticket, but so far, nothing they’ve had me try has worked. The hub refuses to factory reset, gets a DHCP address from both my wifi and my ethernet, but I can’t get it to go red/green, so I can’t claim it. They sent me instructions to get logs onto a USB drive, but that didn’t work, either. I’m also on a Google wifi router.

I just got a new Aeotec Home Hub V3. I tried going through the setup process via Wifi and it fails saying that the hub is not connected to my network.
The steps I go through are:

1. Wait for the red/green lights blinking
  2. Scan the QR code
  3. It wants me to connect to the wifi that the hub is generating (st-hubv3-838)
  4. Asks me for the wifi I want the hub to connect to
  5. Says connecting
  6. Then I get an error saying that 'The Wi-Fi network “st-hubv3-838” does not appear to be connected to the internet" Do you want to temporarily use cellular data? and asking me if I want to continue with wifi or cellular.
  7. Then it comes and says hub is offline.

I try retry but get the same error message. Seems like the hub is not connected to my house wifi.

Any help would be appreciated.

After doing some research on the internet and reading a lot of reviews I ordered the Aeotec V3 hub and once I started to try to set it up, it turned out this might be my 2021 worst purchase. I follow the setup instructions by the letter and the results are always different, none of them ending in anything hopeful though. What a nightmare.

Also the fact that this toy unit has no web gui nor anything to check its status is a no-go for me.

The upgrade ends with a hanging app. The progress bar just stops at a random percentage and after that nothing no more. I will try again later today, but my gut feeling says this unit is going back to my supplier and I will look for an other solution.

Something very similar happened to me when I was forced to “upgrade” to this Aeotec hub when Smartthings discontinued the hub from the original system. I am just now getting SOME of the devices to reconnect and had luckily stumbled upon removing z-wave devices through the z-wave utility when clicking on the hub through the mobile app. Random! These “old” devices, such as a fortrezz water sensor and really any z-wave, were not connected to the new hub and none showed up when I setup the new hub from scratch.

I’m surprised not to find more support, topics, discussions going on about all the people that must have experienced something similar. If there are any links or articles out there and anyone has come across in regards to getting devices working on the Aeotec hub, it would be much appreciated.

Hi all. I got an Aeotec Hub V3 recently and was also struggling with its set-up, update and registration … I had all kind of error messages at different steps in the process… I believed that I tried almost everything recommended, hard reset, past Smartthings app, Wifi, Ethernet… etc…
I saw some recommendation in other forums to use Iphone, while I only have Android phone… so decided to give it a try with an old Android Phone with Android 9 instead of my last one with Android 12 … and voila, it has finally worked. I hope this was the trick and hope it will help until the bug is solved

There has been a bug for the last few days preventing the setup of new hubs. It’s supposed to be fixed now.

https://status.smartthings.com/

I’m having the same issues as others. Tried Wifi and Ethernet. The download progress hangs at 1 or 2%.

For $150, you’d think it would have engineered better.

Start here…

I was able to get it working eventually. I had to take the Aeotec hub to a remote part of the house and use Wifi to connect.

What worked for me is adding the hub manually and not scanning the QR code first thing. Keep the ethernet unplugged and select your wifi network. Mine connected right away and started updating. I then plugged the ethernet cable in and it finished updating in about 5 min without getting hung up.

Seems pretty finicky but I hope it helps anyone else having the same issue.

Following Hefe’s process worked for me (thank you!) with a few other tweaks that others may need too.

• after factory reset the hub was blinking blue before green/red for connecting. Waiting a couple of minutes it did get to green/red to connect
  • during connecting, phone cell turned off (only wifi on)
  • added hub manually (not with QR code)
  • Started connection with Wifi connection, plugged in ethernet after it started
  • hub was blinking green/red during the downloading/ updating but had a progress bar when it ran with ethernet

Now to reconnect everything :frowning: