We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.47.10 starting Monday, April 10. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
- Aeotec Smart Home Hub
Release Date: 10 April 2023~ 14 April 2023
Note that this release may be spread out over a week, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.
Starting with the 47.10 hub firmware, Matter-supported hubs will have Matter OTA Provider support enabled, meaning the hub can automatically perform OTA firmware updates on eligible Matter devices to a newer firmware that has been certified by the CSA and published to CSA’s DCL. Unlike Zigbee where the device’s firmware is packaged and released along with Hub firmware, Matter device firmware is downloaded from the Manufacturer’s host server.
SmartThings will be rolling out OTA support in 2 phases:
- Controlled Rollout Phase: SmartThings will initially take the extra precaution to vet out and validate Matter device firmware published to the DCL prior to enabling them for customers. News about the duration of the Controlled Rollout Phase as well as the list of verified devices currently eligible for Matter OTA updates via SmartThings will be updated Here.
- All Devices Eligible: In the near future, SmartThings will remove this temporary measure of vetting device updates first and take a more hands-off approach to allow for Matter OTA updates for any device that has CSA Certified Firmware in the DCL.
To enable updates for matter devices, follow the steps below.
- Open the SmartThings app and select your SmartThings hub
- Choose More Options (⋮) and tap Settings
- Select Device firmware updates and choose Allow
- Once enabled, the hub will automatically update the firmware for your Matter devices if a new one becomes available
- Expand Matter Interaction Status Enum to cover all cases. Newly included statuses are:
PATHS_EXHAUSTED, WRITE_IGNORED, FAILSAFE_REQUIRED, TIMED_REQUEST_MISMATCH,and
- Z-Wave Switch Drivers: Change the command class prioritization used in the default on/off commands.
Switch Multilevelis now selected over
Binary Switch, if the device supports both.
- Fix Zigbee bitmap type display in driver logs
- Fix the issue with
IKEA TRÅDFRI Wireless Dimmernot registering a button press
- Fix an issue with Z-Wave Locks where lock and unlock events for named codes created via our platform would display “Code ” instead of the user provided name.
- Various memory improvements and bug fixes
- Fix a rare issue of Matter devices locking up when re-establishing connection with a recently powered or disconnected device
- Fix issue of specific Zigbee device models being unable to apply OTA