Aeotec Siren 6 New User Question

Hi,
Brand New User of ST and whole automation features.
Just installed my HUB and multisensory on doors and windows. Trying to hook up Siren 6 from Aeotek. I am struggling with setting it up.
Im using the new app on the iPhone (not Classic) and straight out of the box when i want to control the siren i have only 1 option out of 8 sounds for siren. I cannot fine any other sounds whether in automation part or in the device set up. I downloaded “krlaframboise” handler and managed to loaded into the system but still cannot set different sounds for different events i.e. i would like to have a one sound for window alert (vibration detected) and different sound with different volume for window open. and maybe different sound for front door and back door. Any suggestions where to look for the answers?

Any advice will be appreciated.
And again I just started this journey.

Welcome! :sunglasses:

I suggest asking your question in the author thread for the custom DTH. The author will be automatically notified when new questions are added to the thread and other people who are using the same code may also be able to help. (The topic title is a clickable link.)

Due to a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes with the built-in handler and my custom handler, you can’t change the handler after its been joined so you’ll need to remove the device and join it again.

Once you do that you’ll be able to access the settings from the device details screen of both mobile apps.

How to play the chimes based on different events is explained in the first post of the DTH topic. In the speaker companion SmartApp you should be able to choose the music related option, select “custom” for the sound, and then enter the sound number you want to play as the custom message.

1 Like

Thank You
That makes sense, just trying to feel my way through.

1 Like

Kevin.
I figured out how to change from chime to siren mode for events but i am wondering if there is a way of i.e. playing chime # 3 for front door and chime # 5 for back door events? this part i have not been able to figure out.

You can use the speaker Companion SmartApp multiple times to play different sounds based on different triggers

1 Like