Aeotec Drivers

I have a number of Aeotec Micro Switches and Dimmers and am unable to get the app on my phone or on my desktop to allow the Aeotec drivers to be used. Of particular concern is that the Aeotec devices will allow for a momentary switch to be used but the Z-Wave Switch driver does not have the settings to modify this parameter. I tried to use the Z-Wave Switch and Child driver to adjust parameter 120 to 0 which should make that change but I consistently get a communication or network error message and instructed to try again later. I’ve now manually set the switch but am really not interested in poking around in the JB when this is an adjustable parameter in the old Aeotec drivers. Any thoughts? Is there a way to force the app to open up any driver for any device?

Aeotec has created their own custom edge drivers which are usually the best ones to use with those devices. Have you tried those?

Aeotec Edge Drivers : Aeotec Help Desk

If so, and you still can’t get them to work properly, I would contact Aeotec support.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that the first thing you should do is check the listing for the problematic devices on the advanced details page in the official Web UI to your account. That will tell you if the devices paired correctly.

All edge drivers are based on what SmartThings calls the “fingerprint,“ which is the combination of the manufacturer code and the model number. If that isn’t correct, you will not be offered the right selection of edge drivers to choose from.

See The community FAQ for details on this issue

FAQ: Manufacturer/Model Shows All Zeroes

1 Like

I have them on my hub but the interface will not allow any of them as options to use. I am only given the Leviton Z-Wave Dimmer, Z-Wave Switch and Child, and Z-Wave Switch as options.

I had a look at that as well. When I pair the devices they all come up as Aeotec switches and the advanced info has manufacturer codes and model numbers that lead to Aeotec related pages on a web search.

1 Like

In that case, I would definitely check with Aeotec support. It sounds like either the edge drivers didn’t download correctly or they don’t include the specific fingerprints of your devices.

2 Likes

I’ve sent them a ticket. Thanks for your time on this.

1 Like

There is a bug in smartthings that does not correctly initialize the capabilities.

When you create the child configurator device, select the profile to configure parameters in settings and wait about 30 minutes for the cache to update and the capabilities to be initialized by refreshing the app by sliding your finger down.

2 Likes

I’ll give that another try Mariano. Very possible I wasn’t patient enough with letting things update when I tried the child configurator given that I totally f’ed up and deleted my hub when I was trying to remove a single device. I’m down to the last few devices now that are just being a pain to get running properly again. Fortunately I got your driver that has restored my Fibaro RGB devices to allow the built in presets to function, huge thanks for that!

2 Likes

This is really frustrating, it has already happened to more users.
They should modify the procedure that deletes the hub!

3 Likes

Totally my fault for a lack of attention, and I’ve read it isn’t just me that’s done it. I would think the developers would bury the option a bit deeper or put a big capital letter warning for such a significant choice.

Thanks for all of the information and help.

3 Likes

I just had an email exchange with Aeotec and one of their application engineers tells me they did not make drivers for the Micro series of dimmers and switches as they are older devices. He did say that he was going to put together drivers for each that will allow for setting the switch type as well as triggering the strobe function that is built into the device, hopefully early next week. I’ll report back if and when the drivers come to fruition.

2 Likes