Aeon Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 - New Battery reporting 0%

I have one of ten Aeon Gen5 door sensors that is working fine with fresh new alkaline batteries, but the iOS app and the website report 0% battery and it is flagged. I have rebuilt the z-wave network, rebooted the hub, removed and replaced the batteries in the sensor multi time and still can not clear the error.

I’d send an email to support. That is usually the best route for issues like this.

1 Like

I have 3 of these sensors and after replacing the batter in one it is also showing 0% and has been for several months now. Please post if you find a solution.

Feedback from Support - So it looks like you should open a ticket as well, while I wait another week:

Aeon sensors are known for intermittently taking a long time to update their states once a new battery has been inserted. This can literally take a week or so to update.

What is happening is that the battery sensing circuit is waiting to see the battery level make a slight drop, then it will poll the battery and start reporting the battery level properly.

If this continues to show 0% for two weeks, please email me.

I figured out what the issue is… in the configuration of the sensor there is a parameter that tells it to send battery status. It is parameter 101 and the default is 0 (disabled). I hacked @jabbera’s DTH to force it to send a 1 for that parameter when the sensor notifies the hub it has awaken. I then pressed the button for 6 seconds (until it starts blinking and no longer) to force it to wake up and bingo, I saw updated battery readings in the live logging for the sensor!

Now I need some help from a programmer to fix this correctly… volunteers?

1 Like

Looking at this mine also reports 100% since the day I installed it… any suggestions on the fix?

1 Like