ADT Hub vs. v2 Hub

It does now

1 Like

During the ADT hub installation, the wizard suggested excluding all devices and resetting old hub. Glad I didn’t go through with that. Didn’t even occur to me the FAQ would be updated.

Works great so far.

Is anyone else having a difficult time using the ADT hub for automations. I also can’t use ADT hub with IFTT. That is one of the biggest differences I have noticed so far.

The ADT Hub uses the same cloud as every other SmartThings Hub.

Automations and integrations (IFTTT, ActionTiles, etc.) should all work exactly the same (except that the Smart Home Monitor dashboard solution SmartApp is not available to ADT Security Hub users).

Are you using the SmartThings Classic App?

I was able to get the ADT hub connected with Ifft. I had to go into the app and update the settings to allow it to access my ADT devices. I am however unable to setup where if my alarm is triggered certain non ADT lights or devices will turn on.

Try this:

Great thank you! I appreciated your help!

Can you please be more specific here? What do you mean by that?

It means that of all SmartThings “active” Customers, we estimate that 1% to 5% completely wipe out their Location and/or hard-reset their Hubs and/or replace their Hubs; and thus have to manually migrate their Things and all associated Rooms, Scenes, Routines, and SmartApps.

I’m sure that most of the voluntary resets happen in the first couple of months. The householder decides to “clean up” their installation after going through a learning phase.

But the other major cause of Location Resets over the past year has been confusion over migration to the Samsung Login, which caused SmartThings Customers to try the new SmartThings App, which caused them to create a new Location (unexpectedly, inexplicably, and confusingly), and they just started over, not knowing how else to fix the problem.

That’s much clearer now. Thank you!
I understand that you run a business based on the Smartthings Hub. How has been your experience? Is it a stable enough platform to for a business to be based on?

(Getting off Topic… :smirk: ) The short answer is … well, we’re still here.

A little bit off yet related. Thank you for your reply now and always! :slight_smile:

1 Like

But can you see the sensors in ST app? or not in ADT panel and not in App? I mean we can consider ADT security almost separated from the built-in ST hub. But the question is if this built-in hub is a complete ST hub or just have some functionalities?

The built in hub is a complete smartthings hub. It just has limited abilities to send info back to the ADT side. Also all ADT dual branded sensors are available in the Smartthings side to setup automations

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for the complete answer.

1 Like

Thank you. I also found your Smartapp as a good solution to fill this gap.

2 Likes

If I have SmartThings hub controlling the existing sensors (lighting, buttons) and want to add ADT Hub to do just the security (contact, motion and presence sensors) - can the two hubs/systems co-exist?

The benefit I see in it is that I isolate the security components to ADT hub and have SmartThings hub do home automation tasks. I would not try to add home automation stuff to ADT Hub or vice versa.

Yes; but remember that the ADT Security features only work with ADT sensors, so if you’re aiming in that directly, you might as well skip ADT entirely and get one of the new and more competitive alarm systems like Ring or Nest.

Trying to use my existing IRIS contact sensors with ADT SmartThings Hub. Can you please help ?