Adjusting Osram Light Temperature Through Routines?

I recently bought a Smartthings hub with plans of adding in some z-wave devices to my network. I’m switching from the Osram Lightify gateway is there a way to automatically adjust the light temperature through a routine or something?

Definitely, but I don’t think you can do it through the official features at this time.

The method that will give you the most options is to use core. With that, you can do almost anything you can imagine in SmartThings. Setup is a little complicated, but there are many community members who will be glad to help you set up a specific rule (which core calls a “piston.”)

You can also check the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki to see if anyone has made a simpler single purpose smartapp for controlling color temperature lights. You would look on the list for “lighting” in the smartapps section. I’m pretty sure there’s at least one in there. :sunglasses::bulb:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

If you haven’t used custom code with SmartThings before, it’s pretty straightforward. Basically you’re going to copy the author’s code and paste it into your own account. Here’s the FAQ for that process:

So you can definitely do it. The setup will be more complicated than you are used to with the Osram Gateway, but you will also have many more options for scheduling and triggers.

1 Like

Thanks for the info I’ll have to play around with the Core stuff to see what I can do.

1 Like