Adding Yolink water leak sensors to ST app?

Has anyone created something similar for the YoLink temperature sensors?

They aren’t sensors per Alexa. The only way I found to use them as such is via IFTTT. The YoLink app allows you to set alarms and automations based upon temperature limits, but that information doesn’t pass through to Alexa. I setup an IFTTT applet to turn on a Wyze bulb and set the color if the temperature is too low but haven’t found any way to activate a ST virtual switch from the YoLink device.

Can you pass SmartThings triggers to YoLink device(s) via Alexa?
I have 10 ST leak sensors throughout my home and I would like to trigger a YoLink ball valve. Hoping this can be done via Alexa as well.

Yes as long as Alexa can trigger the Yolink valve.

If you have a ST hub you need to use a virtual Alexa Switch. Water sensor triggers the Alexa Switch using a ST routine.

And the contact sensor portion of the Alexa switch would trigger Yolink using an Alexa Routine.

If you don’t have an ST hub you can do the same thing with virtual lock.

You can create a virtual Alexa Switch using the following link.

1 Like

I haven’t done it yet but if you have Home Assistant setup in parallel with Smartthings and linked. You could install the YoLink integration into home assistant

Then pass the data via virtual switches like using Alexa.

I setup a basic Home Assistant on a Pi so I could pass WiFi and life360 tracking back to Smartthings.

I haven’t done this yet, it’s on long list of stuff to do around the house.

Also I believe Home Assistant can control or act on Smartthings devices once their both linked together. I haven’t tested this yet as I just use it to pass tracking data for now.