Trying to add a Smart App to my z-wave device MC… Can someone tell me what I am missing. I know how to add the smart app to myapps list but when I click on smartapps is tells me no installed smartapps
See if this helps any. Sounds like you may have published to your library, but not yet installed to a specific device.
I did what it said and still no luck.
Which smart app is it?
smart alarm v2.2.5 or smart security it just tells me no installed smartapps
Did you add it from the IDE and publish it to yourself?
SmartAlarm is very popular. I’m not familiar with the exact install procedure. If you ask in its topic, someone should be able to help you.
- Log in to SmartThings.com
- Go to Develops to Login to IDE on SmartThings.com
2b. Click the link “Build a SmartApp”
2c. Click on “Log in”
- Click on My Smart Apps
- Click on “+ New SmartApp” green button on right side.
- Click on “From Code”.
- Now, go to www.github.com
- Click Sign in.
- Search for Smart Alarm
- Click on “app name.groovy”
- You will see the code. Click on the “Raw” button to get the code with no formatting.
- Copy all the code.
- Go back to SmartThings and Paste the code.
- Click “Create” button on the bottom of the page.
- Click “App Settings” button on the top right of the page.
- Click on “OAuth” link toward the bottom on the page.
- Click on “Enable OAuth in Smart App”
- Click “Update” button
- Click on “Code” button on top right of the page
- Click “Publish” button then “For Me” option
I have been trying to use these steps to add my first app to smarthings,
I’ve been trying to add an aeotec garage door opener (v5) using RobertVandervoorts code
however i keep getting an error message
No signature of method: script15016076246362139004068.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script15016076246362139004068$_run_closure1) values: [script15016076246362139004068$_run_closure1@73d18380] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)