I’ve had two GE bulbs working with SmartThings for quite some time. This 3rd bulb just will not show up as a GE device type.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set up lamp 1 foot from SmartThings hub with GE bulb in lamp.
- Turn off SmartThings hub.
- Turn lamp on and off at 3 second intervals until bulb dims and snaps back on.
- Turn on SmartThings hub.
- Search for new devices from SmartThings iPhone app
- GE bulb blinks several times (you found me)
- Device shows up in app as “Thing”
- Log in to SmartThings dev page
- Edit device called “Thing”
- Change device handler to “GE Link Bulb”
- Save changes
- Try turning light on and off via iPhone App
- Light does not respond. State of button does not change from “turning on” or “turning off” after pressed
3rd time is not the charm.