2018 - Current: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades

So i emailed the address above for the firmware. They will be mailing me a kit to update.

However , i think i fixed my problems so i thought i would post an update.

So i removed all my shades and the remotes from smartthings and re-added them. Then i removed all of my automated routines and recreated them. This seems to have fixed my problems. A couple times one of my shades started to act up again and i just removed and re-added the routine and it fixed it.

Also if the shades quit responding to the remote/smartthings, try pushing the button on the top right of the shades to get it to respond again.

Pm me your email.

Hi, I bought 10 z-wave roller shades from ZebraBlinds and connected it to my Smartthings Hub V2 and I really like them. But sometime (like 1 out of 5 times) one of my shade doesnā€™t respond to the command (scene). My scene call routine that ask to 3 zigbee thermostats and 5 shade z-wave to set them. Sometime, everything work except 1 shade (randomly selected). After the shade doesnā€™t respond, I cannot manage it with my Smartthings App. I have to go with the controller and trigger the up/down button to make respond again to my Smarthings app.

Anybody had the same issue? What should I do to correct that?
Thanks

Woops, I thought I replied to this earlier. It sounds like a firmware issue. Can you login to your IDE and check your firmware version and send that to me?

Promoā€™s have been updated. The SmartThings coupon is back with 36% off and this time we have a special promo on a few subset of products:

SPECIAL PROMO ON A FEW PRODUCTS Ends March 25th
BUY MORE | SAVE MORE - Save an additional 3% when purchasing 5 - 9 quantity, save an additional 7% when purchasing 10 - 14 quantity and save an additional 12% when purchasing 15+ in quantity. Stacks with the SmartThings discount. Applies to the following products:

• Graber Single Cellular Shades
  • Graber Double Cellular Shades
  • Graber Blackout Single/Double Cellular Shades
  • Graber Mezzanine Sheer Horizontal Shades
  • Graber Overture Sheer Horizontal Shades

Restrictions: Discount will only apply for the same type of products. So for example if you buy 5 light filtering single cellular shades, 5 double cellular shades and 5 blackout cellular shades the discount will work and give you the full 12% volume discount. However, purchasing 2 different types of shades such as 5 cellular shades and 5 sheer shades will calculate the 3% volume discount individually for each type of shade. Volume discount will auto apply if the cart detects items meeting the criteria in cart.

You can find links and more info on the coupon post: 2018 - Current: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I donā€™t see the label Firmware in my IDE Deviceā€™s.
Here oneā€¦ tell me if you see the firmware version on that line or where to get it.

Raw Description zw:F type:1107 mfr:026E prod:5253 model:5A31 ver:11.02 zwv:4.33 lib:03 cc:5E,26,85,59,72,86,5A,73,25,7A,80 role:07 ff:9A00 ui:9A00

Thanks!

Ok, so that would be the version number. The firmware update should fix it. Can you send an email over to support? If you already have just include the version number and they will take it from there. Also include the order number.

Neal, I have manual graber cellular shades throughout my home. Several are 3 shades on 1 headrail. Is it possible to purchase 3 motorized headrails to replace the 1 headrail? I would be willing to transfer the cellular shade from one to the other myself.

That might not be possible. I can check with Graber and get back to you, but, generally speaking they donā€™t allow/frown upon retrofitting and probably wonā€™t ship out the headrail and the motors by themselves. Another issue is that according to their specs, 3 on 1 isnā€™t possible with the z-wave motors.

Also made a small update to the offer I posted 2 days ago. The volume discount restriction for the cellular, sheer and mezzanine shades have changed slightly (for the better).

New
Restrictions: Discount will only apply for the same type of products. So for example if you buy 5 light filtering single cellular shades, 5 double cellular shades and 5 blackout cellular shades the discount will work and give you the full 12% volume discount. However, purchasing 2 different types of shades such as 5 cellular shades and 5 sheer shades will calculate the 3% volume discount individually for each type of shade. Volume discount will auto apply if the site detects products meeting the criteria in cart.

Old
Considered each cellular product a separate entity so you couldnā€™t get a combined volume discount on them. Required the order to be placed separately for volume discount products.

For more info, check the promoā€™s post: 2018 - Current: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades

Yes, I understand 3 on 1 wonā€™t work.

I was looking to purchase 3 separate headrails.

Currently 1 headrail for a 9 foot window. (3 ā€“ 36 inch windows mulled together.)

I would like to replace the single headrail with 3. I would even be willing to send it to Spring Window Fashions.

Thanks for checking.

If you can find your original springs order number and PM me that would be great as well. Should be on the headrail, on the back. Itā€™s usually a sticker.

Please remove those numbers from the post and Private Message (PM) me.

Has anyone had a problem where one of their shades starts reporting wildly incorrect battery life? I just replaced batteries in one of my shades and it likes to tell me it has anywhere from 1% to 27% depending on if I recently used it.

Hi all,

Iā€™m having my Z-Wave shades lock up when set up as a dimmer and operating as group as described many times in the post. I didnā€™t purchase from Zebra Blinds but would like to update the firmware. Iā€™m new here so I donā€™t think I have PM access yet. Appreciate any help.

Thanks
Matt

Iā€™ve got 6 of the Bali z-wave roller shades and discovered the issue with sending a shade a second command before it has finished executing the first command, causing it to go stupid. I discovered that by doing a single press of the button on the shade it would bring it back to life. So much for the work-around. Firmware 11.02.

Itā€™s my understanding that there is additional z-wave hardware required to update these, as SmartThings isnā€™t so smart when it comes to OTA firmware updates for z-wave (zigbee yes, z-wave no). Has this changed?

We really like the shades and have learned to live with the limitations. We havenā€™t seen any excessive battery usage or had any other problems, but it would be nice if we could get this fixed.

You do need a zstick to update the firmware. And you can only get the firmware from the retailer that sold you the blinds.

Ah, a little half-baked. I bought through Loweā€™s, you know they just kick me off to Bali. I knew a while back that the zstick was a requirement (I seem to remember looking up the package to do firmware updates for zwave) Itā€™s not worth the bother, I know what to do to make them come back to life.Itā€™s just too bad that the stuff is basically orphaned as soon as I bought it.

You would think that with SmartThings being a zwave hub they would actually include the functionality to fully manage zwave devices. Do any of the other zwave hubs?

There are a few hubs that allow z-wave OTA, ST is supposed to allow sometime this year but the Homeseer z-flash kit is the only tried and true method Iā€™ve found.

In terms of the shades I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s been orphaned. Itā€™s more a case of companies selling them without the intention of offering any support which is where we come in. We actively monitor issues etc and bring them up and get them resolved. We practically take the motors apart and try and recreate issues etc reported to us so fixes can be found and issued. Itā€™s just an a very unusual case that in terms of firmware updates etc weā€™re limited to helping customers who purchased through us. All I can really say at this point is to PM me with your email address and Iā€™ll followup.

I have 12 of these Zwave roller shades and it seems to me that a few of these shades deplete batteries quicker than I would expect. I began keeping a spreadsheet and this became very apparent. Two of the twelve units accounted for almost all of the battery replacements. These two were delpeting their batteries in one month. The other shades could last for over six months. I am looking for reasons why this should be and how I might be able to fix it. Here are some details.
-All shades are running on 11.03 firmware
-All shades are using the ericvitale Z-wave Shade DH
-The two shades in question are in the same room as eight other well-behaving shades.
-One of the misbehaving shades is operated twice per week.
-The other misbehaving shade is operated twice daily.
-Running on a ST V2 hub.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated