SmartThings Community

2018 - Current: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades

shades
motorizedblinds
motorizedshades
blinds
project_shades

(David) #321

I have a Aeotec Zwave Plus Gen 5 stick that I use to update firmware on other devices. I would like to test the firmware if I can

Hi Neal,
My shades have the issue and I have the Homeseer z-flash and utils. If you are still looking for volunteers, please consider me.

(JAY) #323
  1. roller blinds (arrived 3 weeks ago so new motors). In fact I have 20 new premium remotes.
  2. reset the motors and same thing. i have programmed “google morning alexa” with 5 blinds. Sometimes 3 work. I have to sometimes say good morning 5-6 times to get it to work. sometimes one or two dont move no matter what. i then use remote to wake up and then it will work. sometimes that doesnt even make the blinds work via alexa.

ill try and do a full reset once again and do repair after i do each one. will report back!
all powed by mean well power supplies hard wired. work great with remotes!

(JAY) #324

also if we can get these fixed can i get a 40% coupon from you or is that expired? lol thanks! i need 10 more

(JAY) #325

also zebra can you confirm different hub wont fix issue

(Russell Rhodes) #326

Neal - sorry to hijack this thread. I have a question abouit the single channel remote. I had everything working for zwave. Removed remote. Inlcuded every shade, included remote, relearned remote. Reset limits. All working great. Now the problem. One shade was not here yet and it showed up. Went thru the process to get it included. Got it added to zwave all works great. I can not figure out how to get it to work with the single channel remote. Hit the program button on remote, flashing green. Hit the program remote on the shade for 3 seconds. No workee. I found the instructions on page 21 for adding a new blind, but confused on how to move forward. Any help? Just trying to add a shade to the group remote. Zwave is working fine.

(Neal (www.zebrablinds.com / www.zebrablinds.ca)) #327

Starting to get confused here. Are you have scenario one or two?

1. When you try to operate with Alexa or SmartThings App, some of the shades move, other’s don’t move at all.
  2. When you try to operate with Alexa or SmartThings App, all shades start moving but some stop after moving a few inches and then will only respond to the remote?

For the discount I would need to see what can be done, but that was very limited. If anyone else is looking for a purchase at the same time I might be able to get it reinstated temporarily for a day or so.

(Neal (www.zebrablinds.com / www.zebrablinds.ca)) #328

And the group remote is already added to all the other shades?

(Russell Rhodes) #329

Yes sir! We have 7 blinds already on the group remote.

(Neal (www.zebrablinds.com / www.zebrablinds.ca)) #330

And all 7 of the old shades have the individual remotes and the group remotes or the group remote only?

The new shade is currently paired to the ST hub and the individual remote?

(JAY) #331

Most of the time situation 1.

However situation 2 happened last night. Where it moved few inches then stopped working. Even the remote stopped working. Then few hours later remote started working again.

(Neal (www.zebrablinds.com / www.zebrablinds.ca)) #332

Situation 1 is a z-wave network issue. No firmware will fix it, and switching hubs most likely won’t fix until you get a solid z-wave network going. Network interference can occur from any number of things so it’s going to be a bit of trial and error to figure it out.

Situation 2 is what the above firmware discussion is for.

(Russell Rhodes) #333

The 7 shades are linked to one single channel remote, group remote setup only. The 7 shades are also included in the homeseer hub and working great. The new shade has been included in the homeseer hub and is working fine. The new shade is not linked to any remotes at this time, and I failed at linking it with the one single channel group remote controlling the other 7 shades.

(Neal (www.zebrablinds.com / www.zebrablinds.ca)) #334

That sounds odd. Did you tap and release the program button on the remote so it starts flashing green and immediately press and hold the button on the shade for 3 sec or until it starts flashing green?

If that didn’t work try this (if it works, I don’t know why… just think of it as one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe), press and hold the button on the remote until it starts flashing green and then tap and release the program button on the remote asap. I know some customers got it working that way. The only other final option I can think of is resetting the motor and trying again.

One more thing, I am assuming these are roller shades, right? If so, did you first pair another remote to the shade, set the limits etc, then pair to homeseer? If so, did you clear the shade of any previous controllers?

Quick question on the device handlers available for the remotes. I looked at the 3 options available and was wondering if it would be possible to add the battery level to the “Z-Wave Somfy Remote” handler. Not sure who maintains it or what’s the best way to ask for an enhancement.

Here’s my observation on the features available with each one. Am I missing anything?

Z-Wave Remote - basic functionality, but runs locally
Springs Window Fashions Remote - Basic functionality + battery level. Runs in the Cloud.
Z-Wave Somfy Remote - allows ST to use it as a button for other things, but no battery level. Runs in the Cloud.

(Neal (www.zebrablinds.com / www.zebrablinds.ca)) #336

@neod192 Z-wave Somfy Remote I believe is maintained by @whoismoses

Also for the OTA, just waiting on some paperwork that needs to be sent to early testers before I can actually get everything going… and I haven’t received the paperwork yet. Sorry about the delay.

(Vinh Pham) #337

Hi Neal,

I’ve just completed the Google form and would like to volunteer to be a tester.

Thanks,

(Russell Rhodes) #338

Group rremote only. Since I last posted 6 days ago I have tried the following after talking to Springs Windows.

1. Cleared all shades from remote by holding program button for 7 seconds. Added shades back one by one, including the new one. The new one would add, work for one action cycle and then stop working. I added the new shade every time I added back one of the other shades, same thing. I got the 7 existing shades added back and the 8th one wont work after adding it. Springs thought the remote might somehow have too many shades associated with it.
  2. I tookl one of my other remotes, same single channel remote style and tried with it. Same results.

It is the shade, not the remotes. Meanwhile the new one is working fine with zwave. Any new thoughts?

(Russell Rhodes) #339

Just saw this post. They are roller shades. I did tap the remote and then hold the shade for 3 seconds, etc. Every shade jogged, including the new one.

“If that didn’t work try this (if it works, I don’t know why… just think of it as one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe), press and hold the button on the remote(what button? Program Button? until it starts flashing green and then tap and release the program button on the remote asap. I know some customers got it working that way. The only other final option I can think of is resetting the motor and trying again.”

I did not pair another remote to the new shade and set limits, cant get that far!! I think I may need to reset the motor. How do I do that? Cant find that in my manual. Thanks again.

(Marty Lindal) #340

Hi Neal. I just want to thank you for this topic. Lots of great information and your answers are spot On! Your videos got me started on the right track! I have 17 Bali Autoview blinds that I self installed in two batches(mid 2017 & June 2018). I control them mostly through Alexa using Alexa group commands or Alexa activated SmartThings scenes. I also use the new SmartThings Buttons to run specific scenes. Anyway I used have some random issues with single blinds not responding to group Alexa commands. But that seems to have corrected itself on its own. Not a single failed command for over two months now. I’m beginning to think of the smart aspects(Alexa, Scenes, triggers) as core functions of the home rather than my hobby. How cool is that! Thanks again, Neal!