2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.34.09

@jkp You’re a star! Signing out, and back in again did not resolve it, but uninstalling, and re-installing did. I’m back up and running!

Is this a common issue with the platform? I’m relatively new to SmartThings, Vera and it’s apps had their own idiosyncrasies and issues. I’m sure there are a few on this too. I have to say though, the app is much better, and more reliable than what I was using.

Thanks for the incredibly quick help!
Cheers, Mark.

this particular issue of sign out/sign in or reinstalling the app is very rare. I have only needed to sign out once in the past year that I can recall. ST is going through a major platform change at the moment which has been a challenge for many. Things should get better in the future. OKAY, having said that - many others will probably disagree :slight_smile:

anyway, welcome to ST

6 Likes

SmartThings Hub 2015 (v2) and 2018 (v3) Firmware Update

Maintenance update

The 0.34.09 firmware update has been paused while we investigate customer feedback. We will provide an update when the release is resumed.

Time posted

Dec 16, 16:28 EST

1 Like

hmm, wonder what the “customer feedback” is? Haven’t seen to many issues crop up.

I always cringe when I learn there is a new firmware update coming…all the stories of bricked hubs. Mine took the update without issue yesterday and have encountered zero issues since. Also have to say the all devices seem to be activating noticeably quicker. Not sure if this due to the update or maintenance performed on Monday.

1 Like

Or simply because the hub restarted.

1 Like

possibly, but never seen a noticeable difference before with a restart

1 Like

What were the issues that caused the rollout pause? My Connect Home/WiFi Hub is offline and blinking red. Unplugging it and plugging it back in don’t help. Local routines seem to be working, but I can’t access the hub via the app.

I went ahead and them hit the reset button. It went through a bunch of different LED sequences, but ultimately ended up blinking red.

Was this caused by the firmware upgrade, or is it just hosed? Is there any way to recover it?

Its not the reason

Quote from the first post in this thread

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)

I would like to concur with @Jepajo. I would like to add that I also have the Hub/Wifi setup.
With all the past upgrades Samsung has called these hub setups out separately.

OK, thanks. I wasn’t sure how Connect was designated in the version numbering system. Samsung seems to have a split personality w.r.t. ST (2 apps for a long time, different functionalities), 2 types of hubs, etc… I’ve had them since 2014 and I’m still not impressed with the stability all these years later.

so far all is well with the new firmware.

My hub v3 was perfectly updated to version 34.09 on December 15, in Spain. Everything seems to work fine. I’ve only noticed the following and I don’t know if it has to do with the update, but it happened right after in the 3 zigbee Samsung GP-U999SJVLBEA motion sensors that I have installed. The battery indications prior to the update were 70, 72 and 75%. After the update they go to 83, 84 and 85% and they continue like this. They also have installed a custom DH. I do not know if anyone has noticed something similar.

I have seen something similar although I am not sure if it happened with the hub FW update or the other maintenance ST were doing.

I have reported to Support for what it’s worth. Ticket #1115835.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
I’m sure it was after the firmware update on December 15th. The maintenance was yesterday 18 and I have not noticed any change.
The sensors firmware remains the same, 014, as of June 26, 2020.

1 Like

Any word on resuming the firmware update?

1 Like

I didn’t get the firmware yet for my V2 UK hub I wondered why

So my hub seems to have lost communication with a bunch of devices, including my fresh air fan which is now stuck in the “on” position. What should I do to get my hub working with the various devices again?

SmartThings Hub 2015 (v2) and 2018 (v3) Firmware Update

Maintenance update

Changes have been made to the 0.34.09 firmware, and we will be continuing the hub firmware roll-out with a 0.34.11 firmware. We will update the status page once the release has been completed.

Time posted

Dec 21, 11:15 EST

Components affected

Operational\ 15x15 Americas - Hubs, Devices, and Automat…

Operational\ 15x15 Europe, Middle East, and Africa - Hub…

Operational\ 15x15 Asia Pacific - Hubs, Devices, and Aut…

1 Like