2 ST hubs ONE Google Home?

1. I have 2 residences. One called house and one called condo.
  2. BOTH places have a ST hubs.
  3. I want to attach BOTH hubs to ONE Google Home account and switch between them in my google home account.
  4. Google Home is great at switching between the 2 locations but anything I control with ST can only be “seen” by one hub. it’s a issue with ST.
  5. I can only figure out how to attach a single ST hub to Google home.
    What am I doing wrong?
1 Like

Smartthings does its third-party integrations at the account level, not the hub or location level. So once you have more than one hub, it gets pretty random as far as which set of devices the third-party integration will see.

This is true for voice assistants, but also for IFTTT.

They’ve been saying they hope to add multi location Integration capability, but they’ve been saying that for three years now and it hasn’t happened yet.

So for now you have to have a separate smartthings account for each hub if you want them to have useful control with a third-party service. :disappointed_relieved:

Official knowledgebase article:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/214609826-Google-Assistant-SmartThings-FAQ#Locations

Can I control multiple SmartThings or SmartThings Classic Locations with Google Assistant?
No, not at this time.

Is it a work around to if I set up each ST with different accounts? Each of my hubs have their own email (so if I ever move and want to leave the automation in place I don’t have to untangle it from my personal email account)…would that work?

Thanks for your insight!

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t know enough about Google assistant to know if one Google assistant account can handle two smartthings accounts or if it has to be two Google assistant accounts each with its own smartthings account.

With echo, it has to be the latter.