2 devices on same Network ID, but not

Hi,

I bought 2 Nexa AD147 plug-in dimmers. I used them with them with my last smart house system with no isses. Now when moving to ST I have reset them. I added them both and connected 2 lamps. The lamps went crazy - so I checked and they had the same device network ID.

So I removed and reset them. Added them back and now have seperate ID’s :slight_smile: yay! However, when I turn either lamp on, it turns the other on… logically this makes no sense to me. So I removed and reset them 2-3 more times - and still the same issue. I also tried to change one of their IDs in the API - but it did not help either :frowning:

Any ideas?

Try to do a Z-wave exclusion on one of them, then re-add.

Possibly they were associated to each other in your last setup. Assign the tweaker to them and see if there are any stored associations.

@MarkTr have tried that about 5 times now with no luck ;(

@JDRoberts I assigned them to Tweaker one at a time - neither had any associations or anything stored for that matter.

I also tried to manually change the Device Network ID of one of them, but that did not help either. I have excluded them both again and re-included them. They are showing up with IDs 0A and 0B - but still controlling each other.

OK, then you’re going to have to look to see if you accidentally set up any rules for them.

Which SmartThings app are you using?

Also, let’s just be absolutely sure it isn’t something in the wiring. Just physically move one of the plug-ins to a completely different room and let’s see if they still turn on and off together. I expect they will, but let’s just get that test out of the way.

1 Like

Using classic.
However - I moved it to another room and it worked! Super strange!

I took it back to the store I got it from and they traded it out for me. I would like to have them in the same room. Would have liked to figure out why it was like that… but at the same time - I though I would try my luck with them swapping it out :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

1 Like