Feature Request: iOS 8 Notification Center Widget

Hey all!

Sorry for the confusion. It looks like there was a configuration issue in this release that is hiding the option. I’m traveling so haven’t heard all the details yet but we’re resubmitting right now and opting for expedited review. Should be fixed shortly.

Dumb miss aside, one might consider updating the release notes (what’s new) in the App Store as to not continue to leave people baffled.

1 Like

Good idea! The new notes could say:

Performance improvements and architecture updates in preparation for future enhancements.

LOL, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@JDRoberts I am really a little tipsy coz of my meds. When I clicked the widget setup It takes me to ST things page. Is that the expected behavior? Another launching pad? :wink: look at the one above.

Ron,

It does create the widget and put it in the notification. But the widget doesn’t do anything.

Under it, as shown in your screencap, is a line that says “Manage widget from My Account in SmartThings.”

But there is no way to manage it there–that’s the bug. :frowning:

2 Likes

I am really baffled with Smartthings QA process. You guys really need some better test engineers. To add to that you need some UI/UX engineers as well. Things feel like they are all over the place hidden in clicks and gestures.

7 Likes

@april @Tyler

The app is super speedy now! So IMO good update :slight_smile: . People make mistakes, thanks for doing your best to rectify them asap.

God bless! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recall the last update provided speed improvements as well, but over time, they slowly crawled back to their slow pace. I am hoping that is not the case here.

I bet we see some good impovements for the long haul this time :smile:

1.7.1 is live with the fix for widget configuration.

4 Likes

Looking good!!

:smiley:

Works great!

And bonus–it now fits the iPad mini screen correctly, I can get to the gear icon again. :blush:

A+ on the turn around time!

Looks good. Maybe this will get me into Hello Home…

I absolutely love Hello, Home. Use it for everything.

Finding it more and more useful. The dialog boxes turned me off to it at first some reason but I’m coming around.

1 Like

Agreed, I am using Hello Home more now with Virtual switches, Action Dashboard actions and of course now the widgets. Nice job Smartthings! The icons are a little bland for the design, but they work :slight_smile: I also wish you can sort them around, but it appears to be done alphabetically order.

1 Like

@tslagle13 How did you get the icons to have a Moon? All of my icons are showing up with a “Convo” icon like your Away Day.

I think the ones that came with ST have different icons. Any ones that you created have the little chat bubbles.
(edit) ok clearly his didn’t come with ST. Maybe they detect the word night.

I think it implies a mode is involved.

Also, for those who haven’t done much with iOS notifications before, you can move the entire notification up or down in your list of notifications by using the little horizontal stripes on the far right. Press and Drag to position it in the list of notifications. This is useful to me because I always want the smart things notification on top. :blush:

2 Likes

I renamed the stock ones once upon a time. They must have retained their stock icons maybe?

Maybe it does look for a word cue too. All my night ones are the same… The day ones are off a little though. So not sure.