Zwave switches turning on randomly (Nov 2019)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but yesterday I had a bunch of smart switches (all Homeseer HS-WD200+) spontaneously turn on, then off, then repeat a few hours later. The dimming levels were all modified as well. I had this happen once before w/just a couple of switches, but this was maybe 6 switches, 1/3 of my network. Kind of freaks me out. Should I be worried about this? Or is an occasional phantom command to be expected?

Yes, despite being very stable for months, in the last few weeks I have had all sorts of devices turning themselves on (and off) randomly. Not Homeseer, just a mix of GE Z-Wave stuff. It’s not new. And ST will blame the hardware.

If you search the community you will see MANY posts on this.

I wasn’t sure what to search for …

Glad it’s not just me but disappointed in ST … as you say, it’s been impressively stable for a while now. Oh well. At the end of the day I feel like smart home stuff is really still in beta testing!

1 Like

Sorry if it seemed I was being snippy - wasn’t my intention.

Not at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Nezmo, are you still seeing random issues like this? I just had this occur this morning. We’re you able to pull the logs to see what triggered the change?

Yes, occasionally. I have not been able to resolve the issue.

I’ve been seeing the same thing as well. I was really concerned one of my neighbors might have been screwing with me somehow.

GE Z-Wave switches

I haven’t had any more phantom on/off happenings, but twice now the dimming level on every switch in the house has been set to less than 100% - most recently (sometime in the past two days) to 68%. Very annoying, and it is freaking me out a bit. Is this ST screwing up or have we been hacked? Also, the classic app has been flaky … every time I launch it, it crashes. Then when I restart it, it’s fine.