ZigBee Devices stay in TURNING ON mode and never turn on

My automation/Routines don’t even turn them on.

That’s a good point–if you send up a scheduled event with the same end device, does that work?

In other words, is the breakdown between the hub and the device? Or in communications elsewhere in the platform?

I have also dis-joined one of my Zigbee outlets from the network and deleted it, and now it cannot be found. George is getting frustrated!

Routines do not work with Zigbee either. I also have a scheduled event called Ready For Nighttime where 15 minutes before sunset all of my light turn on. Tonight everything turned on as expected, except the Zigbee outlets. That’s when I noticed that all 6 of my Zigbee devices no longer work at all. Not through the app, Routines, or scheduled events.

Well, I’m out of ideas. :scream: I had the same issues back in March, never did figure it out.

Let us know if you find anything that helps.

1 Like

Argh. Your problem, Rono, sounds exactly like mine. I just did a 15 min power cycle on my v1 hub, tried renaming outlets that are ignoring commands… Not working. I occasionally have luck if I leave an outlet unplugged for a day then put it back, but they just drop off again. Driving me mad.

Very sudden, too… Things have been working pretty reliably here for almost 2 years now - stuff started going south about 2 months ago with a couple outlets acting funny, then rapidly worse in the last week and a half. I haven’t changed anything about our wifi, setup or routines in months.

Just emailed support.

1 Like

I’m going to make a Support ticket as well today. It takes days for them to get back though.

Very odd problem you have phae - just like mine. My Zigbees started dropping off, and then yesterday, they all dropped off. Nothing has worked (to summarize). I tried the v1 15 min power cycle, renaming, pulling the outlets, deleting an outlet to see if I can re-add it (and now I can’t as ST’s doesn’t see it at all).

Now. Let’s get really weird. This morning when I got up I tried our Master Bedroom night lamp plugged into a Zigbee outlet in the middle of the mesh, and guess what? It works, but none of the others do.

I’m about to lose my mind as I rely on this automation as I work at night and my wife and daughters at at home at night with my mom (who also lives with us). It’s only frustrating because we have lived with, and grown accustomed to, the automation and ease of ST’s in our home.

I’m open to other ideas as well. Even setting fire to all my Zigbee devices.

I really appreciate your help. I will update this thread until an answer or resolution is found.

If only Support monitored these forums.

Hah. Don’t tempt me on the fire.

Will do the same with updates. The pattern is too similar to be user error.

1 Like

Unplugging them and replugging them in doesn’t help. I’ve done that multiple times.

You have to through the hassle of removing the device, and all of the links to smartapps. Which is a pain in itself, since you have to into each app and redo it. And if you just remove the device from the app, it won’t let you save it or delte the app. You have to link it to another device.

Now the $$## POS mobile app won’t reconnect to the ZigBee power controllers. So far I’m 1 out of 3 in fixing things…

Same issue. I removed one device from all Smart Apps, then removed the device. Now the app will not see the Zigbee device and re-add it. I am beyond frustrated. I’m send a detailed email to Support, but even their response times have gone from hours to days. As someone who runs a help desk… it’s a bit ridiculous.

I’ve managed to get two working (both smartthings power controllers). Not exactly sure what I’m doing right, but it involves unplugging the controller box from power, wiping it totally out of the ST mobile app (which is a PITA, since you have to delete or modify every smartapp that references them), then I reboot the ST mobile app, and then unplug the hub, and wait about 30 minutes before rebooting it. Then usually after several tries, the hub and mobile app will recognize the device again. Then you can restore all the links to smartapps or rebuild them, And of course, do the relinks to Amazon Echo and anything else you might have.

Then I have a beer, wait for 30 minutes or so and start on the next one. PITA. Not amused.

That’s a lot of work for something that should take 2 minutes tops.

If you re-add a zigbee device it will replace the original. Saves a lot of time. No need to modify apps. BTW it does not show as added using the add device, but the device LEDs show that it was added.

Doesn’t solve the problem.

The problem is that the system recognizes there is a ZigBee device in the network (the ST power controller). I know that it recognizes there is a device since I can see the power usage on the device and if you manually turn it on or off, the status changes on the ST app.

However you cannot command it. You can’t turn it on or off using the mobile ST app, nor scheduled smartapps, or any way that I can find. To turn the device off, you manually have to press the button on it. And considering some of these are in the loft, under a desk, or behind the couch – this is not automation if you can’t command it. I have multiple devices in this state – you can see them on the network, but you can’t make them do anything.

I’ve been trying everything I can to figure out how fix it so that smartthings can command the smartthings device again.

I’m looking for useful suggestions, but not finding any.

This works for me. PITA, totally agree. Interesting that solutions vary by user (or configuration). Good luck!

Just completed re-adding the 3rd Smartthings power controller to the network. Just frustrating process – takes at least an hour per device.

Yes, you have to physically reboot the ST Hub (Hub V1 here). And after all this --pulling the controller , wiping out the devices, wiping out all links to the device in the smarapps, etc – then it takes at least 3-4 tries before the ST mobile app will tell you that it & the hub have found a new ZigBee device… Once you get that far, you just have to re-add it to the network, reconfigure all the smartapps, reconnect it via Echo, etc.

Tried it without rebooting the Hub – and nothing.

I suspect based upon other entrees, that if you disconnect the Hub and wait 15+ minutes, the ZigBee devices will start looking for a Hub to reconfigure. So if you were operating on a bad network configuration (which this looks like), the old connection gets wiped out. Then once you get the device seen back in the network, it’ll mesh back in. I actually take the devices up to be physically 6’ from the Hub to get them to work. But it still takes a half dozen tries to get the Hub & app to recognize there’s a new device to connect in.

Doesn’t work for me.

Yup. That’s the issue I am experiencing. In my ST API, my Zigbee power is at: -2. FYI. SoCal, what’s yours?

How many zigbee devices do you have?