Z-wave slowing on new hub because of security levels?

This is news to me and good to know. I always use “Scan Nearby” for adding both zwave and zigbee devices, as most of mine even if they are a supported brand, aren’t a supported product. Zooz might be listed, but the device I’m adding isn’t, etc. Scan Nearby always seems to work for me, even with S2 Authenticated devices - the barcode scan will popup, etc.

I don’t have any BHE devices to test, and I’ve never gotten a LAN device to be discovered (although I have several that broadcast SDDP, they must not be on a supported list), so I just figured it’s working as designed for Zwave and Zigbee.

Do others have good success with Scan Nearby for adding?

I’ve always had luck with the Scan Nearby. But I will say that manually moving the hub near to the devices works very well. My hub isn’t wifi capable. But I was able to tag it into my remote antenna and was happy with the results!

Still hasn’t fixed my issue, but at least that worked! :wink:

I HAVE to use it on Android at the moment as I have two hubs and adding by brand is currently broken as it ignores my choice of hub.

I find that ‘silent pairing’ is more likely with Scan Nearby. Also anything I add tends to get picked up next time I add by brand and so ends up in the wrong room - the same as happens with devices that were created in the IDE. It is like something isn’t quite complete in the eyes of the app.

If there were a ‘Generic Zigbee’ as well as a ‘Generic Z-Wave’ I’d probably use it more as I’m a Zigbee user. I know it mostly doesn’t matter what I choose but some of us like things to do what they say.

On a number of occasions I have had Scan Nearby fail to install IKEA devices multiple times and then then add by brand works instantly. Which is just odd as other times it makes no difference.

1 Like

Let’s do the following:

1. Recreate the issue with a specific device or device(s), screenshots/screen recordings are very helpful for context. Example: Turn on a light, note time or screenshot/screen recording of action, and then provide the “History” event for when it performed that action, demonstrating the delays you have mentioned.
  2. Send Hub Logs to the Cloud for us to review (Steps below).
  3. Reply to your existing ticket asking for it to be re-escalated including the information from #1 and a mention that you have performed #2.

To send Hub Logs:

1. Log into the IDE.
  2. Click on “My Hubs.”
  3. Click on “View Utilities.”
  4. Click on “Send Hub Logs.”
  5. Note a success message.

Once it’s re-escalated, I’ll be happy to retrieve your Hub Logs and review the information you’ve provided.

2 Likes

Ok. Confirming everything from step 1 is just shots of the app, not the IDE or something?

Yeah, use the App for this. It will be the easiest way to document it.

Ok, I’ve sent a reply to my last email from Support making the request to re-escalate. While trying to get logs, I accidentally rebooted the hub, so I’m not sure how many sets of logs may be sent. I did send another set after the reboot and more attempts at screen shot documentation. I will say that, while trying to recreate the lagging response after the reboot, some devices were more responsive. I’m afraid the screen shots are limited by not having seconds (only minutes) annotated.

Some devices show network errors when I try to use them, some devices are fairly responsive, and some are off by many minutes. The app continues to be very difficult to use.

thank you for your continued help here…

Of interest, tonight, using some of the manual switches on devices results in updates within the app only about 20 seconds behind…which is an improvement. However, actuating a device via the app is about 50/50 for a delayed response or no response whatsoever. So it appears the message is making it from the device to the hub in a (somewhat) timely manner. Just info to add to the story here….

I always use Scan Nearby.

Any update to this, sir?

Sorry for the late response.

I haven’t seen this come back around in our ticket queue yet. Did they say it had been escalated? Feel free to PM me the Ticket # if you have it handy.