Z-wave roller shade motors

There are a number of z-wave roller blind motors on the market now. Does anyone have experience integrating one of these motors into their SmartThings/Alexa smarthome system? I can’t seem to find any online guidance. Thx.

Are you talking a DIY kit or an assembled roller shade? I’ve done nearly 10 units from Zebrablinds (Graber / Bali / Springs Window Fasions / Somfy) and they work great as long as you have current firmware.

Hi Nathan,

I have a roller blind. I want to motorize it. Zebrablinds won’t sell their motors separately - I asked.

j

Gotcha - that’s gonna be a tough one. I haven’t seen the somfy motors by themselves - although that’s what’s in most of these if they’re ZWave…

Do you all your blinds have Somfy motors? They have a website. Not sure if they’ll sell to the public. I’m guessing the motor has an encoder to count revolutions and determine relative position. This must be programmed into a blind before shipping. There are wifi motors on the market. But I can’t find z-wave motors. Could use a bridge but that’s awkward. Thanks.

Yep every single one. And that’s exactly how they work battery, ZWave radio, stepper motor, encoder. Control board. It’s pretty simple actually. Good luck in the search.

Hi Nathan,

Just a quick followup. I wanted to let you know that until Somfy releases a z-wave roller blind motor, which was due any day (according the rep I’ve been in contact with) but has been pushed back as a result of the pandemic, I attached a Zemismart (4 kg max load) motor on a wifi controller for about $70. Can’t stop it in the middle, but it’s integrated with Alexa and opens and closes just fine. I appreciate the advice in helping direct me to a solution.

Regards,

j