Z-Wave plus (Gen 5)

Here is the community device type for the gen 5 recessed door contact

1 Like

Thanks, Greg. This is my first attempt to add a custom device. I’ve added the code and created a “My Device Type”. I then added the device in “My Devices” using the newly created device type. It appears the “Network Device ID” is an arbitrary unique number of my choice. Please correct me if this is incorrect. What I can’t seem to understand is how to pair the physical contact sensor with the configured device within the IDE. Normally you pair the sensor by activating the search function within the ST mobile app. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks again!

Add the device via your phone like you would any device. If you’ve already added it exclude it first. Once you re-add it, it should use the custom device type you’ve created if not you can change it to that device type using the edit option.

It works! Awesome! I had read that it had to be configured within the IDE if it was a custom device type. I really appreciate your help and Greg’s!

1 Like

@jabbera which gen 5 sensor from aeon did you link to your ST? i heard people having issues with aeon door/window sensor gen 2 and was wondering if you have these sensors?

Note it has a different model number then the gen 2.

1 Like

I hate to bring this back from the dead. Are the gen5 devices now working? Wanted to make sure before placing an order.

@mattjfrank did you ever get this product to work? Heavy Duty Smart Switch from Aeon. I’m interested because of my dryer also? Thanks.

1 Like

Since Gen5 needs a key to encrypt Z-Wave mesh communications, you need to pair near the hub. And when you relocate the device to its final location you need to run a Z-Wave repair. Otherwise, SmartThings support should be able to get you up and running.

@JDRoberts do you have a FAQ on Gen5 and SmartThings?

Thanks for the feedback. I was able to get a Aeon Labs Aeotec Gen 5 Multi Sensor going last night. It seems a little slow to go between detecting motion and detecting the lack of motion. Not sure if it’s the sensor or the pulling interval etc etc. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S68NUSW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00