Continuing the discussion from Need assistance creating the Harmony "Power off" only activity:
Finally gettign back to this after a week of HUB2 reprogramming. Anyway I am still a bit confused about the power off switch.
First I assume you mean “have a switch tied to Harmony using the Harmony trigger app” a virtual switch? correct?
Second I still don’t get the power activity on the harmony remote. Any activity I create requires me tie it to a device that has been added to the remote. Those devices do have a start sequence that always powers up.
- How do I create a power off device in the harmony app?
- How do I program an activity so that all it does is power off?Continuing the discussion from Enhanced Z-wave garage door opener code (for Linear GD00Z and variants):
Good news. ST routine worked with My Enhanced z-wave device (modified with capability “Garage Door Control”). Iwas able open/close garage door plus lock/unlock garage man door Schlage lock and turn light on using motion detection sensing. Sweet.
I think the next step is to see if the “My Enhanced z-wave device” device can be eliminated by doing the following (not 1005 sure if this order of operation is correct):
- Exclude the GD00Z
- Remove “My Enhanced z-wave device”
- Re-connect GD00Z under Safety & Security, Garage doors.
- In ST device editor change device type to “Z-wave Garage Door Opener” if not already assigned.
- Try to setup routine again and test.
If this works it would eliminate the need for a special device, sorry @garyd9. But could simplify the whole process plus reveal an undocumented feature. Either way this is a good thing.
I will try this tomorrow if possible.