Hello, I set up my ST v1 hub a while back with about 10 devices attached, 5 of which were z wave.
After about a week or two, the z-wave devices started acting up, and eventually stopped working altogether. I’ve reset the hub (hard reset by deleting the location), unpaired all devices, tried pairing all one at a time. The Z-wave protocol seems to be messed up.
- The hub will recognize and include new z-wave devices
- Once they have been included, they do not work - cannot be controlled and will not read into the app
- Z-wave repair in the ST app returns mesh errors and some routing errors
- When I try to exclude any z-wave, the ST app says “Incorrect device excluded”. So clearly once the device is included, the hub more or less stops recognizing it.
- I will typically force exclude the device, then try and do a general exclusion. But it is not clear to me that the devices recognize they have been excluded.
I am at my wit’s end. I’ve spent a dozen or more hours troubleshooting this hub. I bought new zigbee motion sensors, but for some devices, the only good versions are z-wave.
Is this a hub issue, some other issue . . . does anybody know what might be going on, other steps I can take, or if I should just give up and sell the entire thing on Craigslist?