Z-Wave Greenwave 1 Port PowerNode

Just wondering if Z-Wave Greenwave 1 Port PowerNode can be used with Smartthings this topic seems to suggest they work without power monitoring PowerNode plug (GreenWave) to power trigg?

I am just looking for a basic switch, vesternet seem to have them for a very cheap price currently, If I can use them as a basic on/off relay that will e sufficient.

Thanks

Yes it works but without power monitor.

Skickat frÄn min Windows 10-telefon

FrÄn: dougie175mailto:smartthings@discoursemail.com
Skickat: den 4 december 2016 22:15
Till: askrot_81@hotmail.commailto:askrot_81@hotmail.com
Ämne: [SmartThings Community] [UK & Ireland Specific News & Discussion] Z-Wave Greenwave 1 Port PowerNode

[https://avatars.discourse.org/v2/letter/d/0ea827/45.png] dougie175https://community.smartthings.com/users/dougie175
December 4

Just wondering if Z-Wave Greenwave 1 Port PowerNode can be used with Smartthings this topic seems to suggest they work without power monitoring PowerNode plug (GreenWave) to power trigg?

I am just looking for a basic switch, vesternet seem to have them for a very cheap price currently, If I can use them as a basic on/off relay that will e sufficient.

Thanks

Did yo ever get it to report back status? I have it working as a basic relay, but if I switch the device off using the power button on the front, smart things doesn’t reflect the status.

Is there a device handler out there for this?

I just got one of these and did some playing.

By default, it’s just exposed as a switch but if you change the device type to the built in “Z-Wave Metering Switch” device type and the switch will work with metering (or at least, it does for me :))

1 Like

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of how the device appears in the smart things app after you changed the device type?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay - didn’t have notifications turned on so didn’t realise there was a reply :slight_smile:

Here you go:

Hi all

Interesting 
 I’ve just bought a greenwave powernode NS210-G-EN (single unit) from Vesternet

It works as a basic switch but i changed it to the basic metering switch and there was no energy nor power updates

I did some basic debugging and this powernode is encoding (using physicalgraph.zwave.commands.crc16encapv1.Crc16Encap) all the messages

Doing some further digging and it is relatively straightforward to reuse some relevant code from github for fibaro devices and get the powernode to work

I will post the code once I am done refining it

Julian

and also, i found the powernode that i have not only uses crc16 encoding but also using meter report v2

Thanks! That would be really helpful

I had a powercut and which caused the hub to go offline, when it came back up it seemed to be reporting energy readings
so if its not working for you, try restarting your hub
 i made no other changes!

I have a bunch of these, configured within ST as Z-Wave Metering Switches
I can control them fine and seem to be getting power readings from them OK

I am seeing one strange thing with them though
a few of them have started flashing. they are still controllable and if I send and on and off command, they’ll stop flashing for a few minutes then start again.I would ignore it
but in a dark room with a bunch of these playing up it looks like I’m having a rave!

It was suggested to me the device is going into “alert mode” because it doesn’t hear from the Z-Wave controller.
and that I can adjust Parameter 1 (1-byte-dec) on the device from between 1 and 255 to indicate the timeout in minutes, changing it to a large value should help prevent the issue (assuming that SmartThings regularly polls the device.

I have no idea how i would do this from ST - does anyone have any experience of this?

I carried on having a play, trying to work out what I could do with the misbehaving switches. When they were flashing, whilst they were still controllable they were not sending any info back to the controller

So
after faffing around for a while
i tried removing one from the network, then factory resetting and adding back in
which so far appears to have done the trick.
I’ve repeated this on the other two now
so lets see if thats cured it

Is it something to do with the channel selector on the unit? Do you have 2 on the same channel? They rotate on their own sometimes.

Leaving the selectors on black seem to help for me.

Hope this helps!

Anyone got the 6-port to work with all ports?

Did you get the code working?

This code works for the unit I have 
 sharing it to benefit others 
 it comes with no warranty etc

just working out how to post the code 

See the modified code here --> https://github.com/drjuliankeates/GreenWavePowerNodeOneCustom

1 Like

Thanks for the code. I’ve just tried it on the couple of units I ordered and seems to do fine. If I find any tweaks I’ll share here.

1 Like

Thanks DJK.
Using your code. All working fine, including the power consumption.

I’ve got the flashing light problem PhilT had too
not tried the factory reset yet though.

Got a couple of these last week. They’re cheap, but I noticed the firmware is only v4.23 (whereas the documentation on Versternet is for v4.28), which means you don’t get some of the parameters. :frowning:

Anyone got the v4.28 firmware? Also, anyone else notice that the original logo appears to have been machined-off and replaced with a ‘GreenWave Systems’ sticker?!? :confused:

The Z-wave implementation isn’t the greatest, but I’ve managed to write my own device handler to work around most of the issues (including the flashing indicator light). It includes support for power and energy reporting, the Room Colour Wheel, local and RF protection modes, an Auto-off Timer, full parameter synchronisation, and advanced logging options! :grin:

Full Details here:

Z

1 Like