Yet another wooden Cube

Hey Folks,

I get inspired by this post: A decorative cube that controls your home

So I forked it, do some changes and here is it.

This is a SmartSensor MutliSensor stuck to a wooden box. Just need to add stickets now.

The magic is done by the smartapps and allow you to trigger routines when:

• You change the orientation of the cube
  • When it leave or return to it’s home location (with a magnet well positioned to trigger the open/close contact).

SmartApp

Face configuration

This page is auto-refreshed to the (current) will change according to your cube orientation.

Sources:

https://github.com/CyrilPeponnet/smartthings/tree/master/smartapp/theCube

No need to donate, like are welcome :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Looks awesome! Great job.

Take any pictures while you were building you want to share? Would love to see how you made the wood cube (selfishly as I want to build one now!!)

Got from a wooden puzzle.

Nice… Very nice… You scare me every time with your avatar. People are getting suspicious who the real poltergeist is… :smile:

1 Like

At least I don’t have any issue with my setup and hub v1… For now…

Darn, why do I get the feeling you are screaming that to us coz of your avatar! My niece is scared! :wink:

1 Like

Looks nice ! good job !

Well done. I’d like to share mine as well. I’ll have to try out your modified app.

3 Likes

Hi

I am one week new to smart things so please forgive the basic question. Could you send me a URL (or part #) for the Multi Sensor that can be used for this. I am confused about which one it is ?

thanks

Tom

I hope this is one being talked about (this is the newest model).

1 Like

:thumbsup: that’s the one.

thanks so much folks !

@CyrilPeponnet Your avatar! Darn… :slight_smile: it keeps reminding me how everybody feels!

Someone knows where to find a nice box for this? Like that puzzle box

I use the Photo Cube. try the craft stores for local ones. Also the Baseball holder looks like it would work well.

Thanks,

I ended buying this: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1w0ZKIpXXXXXPaXXXq6xXFXXXj/Free-shipping-Swiss-cubic-lock-font-b-Wooden-b-font-font-b-Puzzle-b-font-Ming.jpg
Lets see how that will work, but I like the photo cube solution as well!

Looking Nice and Good. Interesting!