Yeelight rgb bulb to Smartthings - help needed

In the app (not classic) there is an option to add Yeelight. I have an rgb bulb configured in my Yeelight app which i currently control via IFTTT but wanted to add directly to Smartthings via this new option.

When i go to add Yeelight the app goes through the whole process of connencting to my Yeelight account successfully but the last window just says i can now control my Yeelights in Smartthings but does not list any devices, so i am at a loss of how to actually add each device - is this actually working and then how? Am i missing something?

I am connected to the Singapore Yeelight server - do i need to be connected to another server to have this working?

I know it had been years but did anyone manage to get this to work? Or is there a new thread talking about Yeelight integration?

Thank you.

2 years on, so much has changed, including a new app, a new platform, smartthings published their API so more manufacturers could create their own integrations…

If you open the smartthings app, tap on the + in the upper right, choose add a device, and then search by brand you will now see Yeelight listed. So try that first. I don’t know which exact models are included in the integration, but some are. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That is wonderful. I was looking through the list earlier and realised this too. Thank you so much.

1 Like

For me, the integration works halfway.
The light (Yeelight GU10 RGB W1 bulb) “breaks” (goes blue and then offline) when I change the temperature or the color inside ST app.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Did you find a fix for this? I have the sam eproblem with my two new Yeelight lamps. Old ones work fine.

I think they fixed it. Test it this morning and it doesn’t seem to crash.
Latest Yeelight and SmartThings app installed.

Still the same issue. What Device Type are you using Placeholder or Simulated RGBW?

Placeholder