Yale Z-Wave Smart Lock Stuck in Updating status

Hi all,

Got a v3 Smart Hub recently and was able to pair all but 1 Yale Z-Wave smart lock. The single lock that I’m having trouble with just continuously shows a status of “Checking…”. It’s been like this every time I’ve paired it.

I’ve tried excluding and re-pairing the lock, factory resetting the lock, resetting the lock’s Z-Wave module, holding the hub right next to the lock. Every time it “pairs”, it’s like this. The raw description also isn’t populating. I see:
mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:0.00 zwv:0.00 lib:00

I read elsewhere that this means that the lock didn’t pair properly. This lock uses a Z-Wave Module. Is there a good way to tell if this is a module problem or a lock problem?

Thanks everyone

Tagging @RBoy

Try to follow the steps here including rebooting the hub and your internet modem:

What this means is that that it’s either taking too long to complete pairing or there’s packets loss leading to an incomplete pairing and the hub is timing out. It could be due to latency

Thanks, @RBoy. I did find that post and tried those steps. The only thing I didn’t do was add a repeater. However, I only have 3 other Z-Wave devices connected to the Hub so I didn’t think the Hub would have a huge influx of events.

I ended up testing the same Z-Wave module with another lock. That pairing process went fine.
I then took another Z-Wave module (an ATT labeled one) and used it with the lock in question. Excluded and re-paired and it completed successfully.

In short, problem solved! (although I still don’t really know what the issue was - maybe some Yale Z-Wave modules aren’t compatible with some Yale locks?)