Yale parent company buys August

Looks like Assa Abloy is purchasing August Home. Deal is awaiting regulatory approval but expected to be completed by the end of the year.

2 Likes

very interesting considering August just finished a successful round of fund raising.

1 Like

Wowza! :sunglasses:

That makes sense, as yale did not have a retrofit smart lock solution for people who wanted to keep their exterior hardware the same, and it is something that would be popular in many European countries as well as the US.

There have been rumors that as Assa Abloy might acquire Danalock, but I’m willing to bet that the HomeKit compatibility, as well as the just generally better lock, tipped the balance towards August even though it would be a more expensive acquisition.

1 Like

Is this good or bad for the consumer. I just got the August gen 3 and love it but I hope this isn’t a revolv like move.

I was thinking the same thing although I will say that so far with my recent support discussions with August it seems like they are committed to supporting the new pro lock and want to ensure that it is working properly with SmartThings.

1 Like