August Doorbell Cam Pro

As far as I can see there is no official Smartthings integration for the August Doorbell Cam Pro.

Has anyone made their own? Does it include camera support?

I wish someone would make one for this. I would love to use the motion notifications from it to activate some exterior lights and give myself better notifications

August is a walled garden… They allow specific integrations from providers via cloud access only.

I love their stuff, but am strongly disappointed by the limited accessibility for outside integrations.

I have the camera and two locks.

@Synthesis
August is now owned by Assa Abloy who also own Yale. Assa Abloy aka Yale do support Smartthings. This therefore gives hope that August might at some point be made compatible with Smartthings.

The first fruits of this acquisition have already been released in the form of a ‘Connected by August’ module for some US Yale locks. Sadly there is zero progress for Yale UK who have still not released a HomeKit module or even a Zigbee module never mind this August module.

1 Like

Thanks @jelockwood.

I have the Yale lock with the August module on my back patio door. It works quite well, but because it is a Bluetooth module that ties into the August Connect unit, the integration is still August specific. If I had the Z-Wave or Wi-Fi module instead, that would allow the direct integration into SmartThings.

Still, solid products even with the limited integration capabilities.

I look forward to the day that August enables the additional functions.

Any update on an ST integration?