I am (was) on verge of getting ST (I move into new house in less than a month), but will be buying new locks in next week. Main concern I have is ST’s stability (a lot of posts about things not working, reporting invalid status, and other issues that usually require custom code/hacking) and lack of compatibility that is in other hubs, such as locks, lutron, and other antenna integration.
As far as the locks…I have been eyeing the Yale z-wave deadbolts, but have a question regarding compatibility:
- I understand ST does not support pin management. WHEN is this expected? It seems like a feature that should have been in place a long time ago.
- What notifications does ST support for locks? I have seen reference to
"locked" and “unlocked” notifications, but what about the others?
Pulling off of Vera’s site, they support:
- Door is locked or unlocked
- Bad PIN Code entered
- A PIN Code is entered
- Lock button is pressed
- Lock fails to operate
- User code entered outside fo valid date
- Low battery
- Very low battery
- Battery level goes below…
- A code was changed using the lock keypad