Yale Lock, Intermatic HA01C Z-Wave outlet, 2Gig CT100 Thermostat, LimitlessLED

Thanks @Duncan! Appreciate your response. I’m pretty new to the whole home automation / SmartThings world so forgive the ignorant question but how does this go about being added? Is it something that Yale or SmartThings needs to implement or is something that the developer community can add?

@link266 never feel like you’re asking a dumb question! I actually like the simple questions because as developers we’re sometimes too close to the technology to see issues that everyday people could miss.

On that note, the configuration can most likely be done by any developer. The controls for devices lives in the cloud, which make them easy to update, change, and adapt. There are some rare cases where firmware would need to be updates, but is typically not the case. It’s just the matter of having developer time to get that finished.

@Duncan - re: Yale locks. Holy cow. Hadn’t noticed 'til your post. But this has to be within the last two weeks… maybe with the last ST update? So when I open the Yale Lock tile (settings) in the ST app, I get Main Status (locked or unlocked), Battery Life (%), and Lock and Unlock buttons, as usual. But when I swipe up, it now (seems to) tell me if the lock Locked with a timeout, unlocked or locked locally, and it also shows me that I programmed a new user code, and indicates the actual numeric code I programmed! Huzzah! I’m not in the house now, but when I get back tomorrow, I will put it all through its paces and report back.

This realization is true for my (less-used) front door lock. I just went to the back door lock in the ST App, and there is no local info, only remote stuff. So added to the to-do list: I plan to un-pair the back door lock and re-pair it with ST to see if this gets me better info. Strange that I’m getting those updates for one lock and not the other, but it’s great (GREAT) news regardless.

Now for great news on the 2Gig CT100 Thermostat: When I make a change to the temperature sliders, it now gets reflected at the thermostat. This suddenly catapults the ST app into EXTREMELY useful status. Things are looking good, and I will be re-applying myself to doing more app/automation programs for the house. Starting to get easier. One critique: The thermostat sliders are very sensitive, and it’s difficult to land on the desired temp on the first or second try (Android). It would be good to figure out a better temperature input GUI.

Everything else is working as-advertised. It’s pretty amazing to see the improvements with each App update, and I am now totally re-invigorated and will be adding new devices soon. Thanks to All for the input on this thread!

Best,

Rob (radiogavin)

just my .2 cents on the temperature adjustments for the 2gig (and I suspect most other thermostats). I like the slider, but its super sensitive… it would be nice to have a simple +/- for the temp instead of the slider. great improvements so far though!

@urman, thanks for your reply! Guess I’ll just hope that a friend developer buys a Yale deadbolt and has an interest in making the auto-lock setting user accessible. :slight_smile:

I have a Yale deadbolt and am having difficulty finding it in a SmartApp. From the android app, I can unlock/lock it. In the graph.api/smartthings.com world, it shows up in My Devices so it is known in the cloud. But in my smart app, I have a preferences as below but locks does not show up. Anyone have any clues for this poor neophyte SmartThings programmer?

Do I have the input correctly set? Is there sample code somewhere?

preferences {
section(“Allow Endpoint to Control These Things…”) {
input “switches”, “capability.switch”, title: “Which Switches?”, multiple: true
input “locks”, “capability.lock”, title: “Which Locks?”, multiple: true
input “thermostat”, “capability.thermostat”, title: “Thermostat”, multiple: false
input “heatingSetpoint”, “number”, title: "Degrees Fahrenheit?"
input “coolingSetpoint”, “number”, title: “Degrees Fahrenheit?”
}
}

Thanks.

Make sure that the lock is configured as a zwave lock under device type. You should be able to add it to the dashboard. There’s also a few smartapps that others have created and can be found when we you create a new smartapp and look under examples.

To answer my own question on the lock. It’s subtle and I still could be wrong. My app is a web app, meaning it is invoked via http. That being said, as I added the Yale lock, unless I go to the android app and add it there, it won’t be linked to the smart app. Since I was invoking via http (python script), it never occurred to me that I had to update the app on the android phone. After I did that, all was better.

Hey @kelvin - Has there been any improved functionality since December '13 with ST and the Yale lock?

I’m on the fence between Revolv and ST because Revolv allows their users to add/remove codes to Yale locks through the mobile application. Is this possible on ST? even through a smart app?

similar to this? -> http://revolv.com/new-feature-smart-lock-user-codes/7

I use the Enable User Codes APP, I’ve successfully added codes to my Yale Keyless lock. Can’t find the forum post that steps you through it, but it does work.