Yagusmart 3-Gang Issues

Hi all, I recently started trying out the yagusmart zigbee lightswitches, they look good, work without a neutral and are a reasonable price. I had a two gang up and running quickly, put it into paring mode, scanned for devices, went into the IDE and changed the new ‘thing’ to a zigbee multiswitch - child switch then appeared and works well. I have just added a 3 gang, followed the same steps all appeared well EXCEPT only one parent and one child, I was expecting to see one parent and two child devices. I have tried a few different ideas including manually adding a device etc to no avail. The only interesting point was that i changed the device ID from xxx:02 (the child device) to xxx:03 - this actually changed the switch being controlled to the third gang. So basically, I need another device adding with the device ID xxx:02 and we should be rolling (manual add didn’t work unless I am missing something?). any ideas how I can achieve this??? (I am no way a coder, i can just about manage adding customer device handlers!! :slight_smile: )

Try with Woobooung dth.
This is a very updated dth for double and triple switches

2 Likes

Perfect! Instantly came up - tested and functioning well! Thanks very much for this!!

For others here is the link to the code…

I bought a 2-gang Yagusmart switch yesterday and just checking if you are experiencing any time out after 2 min?

No timeouts that I have noticed - appears to have been solid since installation despite power outages etc all working fine.

Thanks for your quick reply Simon. So, in terms of adding the device, just install the switch, turn it on and click on ‘add device’ in smartthings? If yes, will two switches be created in this case?

I am not using the 2 gang as two-way, instead I am using one to switch for my 4 kitchen downlights and the other for the ‘under the shelf’ lights. Do you foresee an issue if one is tagged as parent and the other as a child for my scenario? Can I write separate automations for both the switches separately?

I just installed it now and there’s definitely the 2 min time out issue.

Sorry - for some reason I never saw this question! Appreciate it is now well out of date but anyway… When you first add the device in ST’s, it will probably just show a single ‘parent’ device. in the ST IDE change the type to a ‘zigbee multiswitch’ and the child switch should then appear. Parent/Child doesn’t matter and will control whatever they are physically wired to. On the three gang I installed, i had two of the switches physically wired (1 to a pendant light and 1 to led spots - similar to your use case). I then used the third gang just as a smart switch as this still shows in the IDE as a device despite not being physically connected. using some rules, operating that switch turns on/off a smart plug which happens to be connected to a couple of lamps. To top it off (it is my eldest’s room) i then added a sonoff motion sensor, no motion for 5 minutes and it turns them all off! :wink:

I should have posted it back that I set it up and it has been working well over nearly 2.5 months. Thanks for replying

1 Like

Is anyone aware of an edge driver for these switches? I am trawling the numerous threads on edge drivers and they all go off on crazy tangents - there isn’t a succinct library of devices/drivers that I have seen. It looks like we will need to wait for things to break then investigate by trawling threads that have been running for months. If anyone is aware of edge drivers for these switches that would be great though.