Xiaomi (Aqara) Curtain Motor Integration

I was able to have Alexa control my SmartThings routine to open my Aqara curtain motor. Anyone have example sunset/sunrise or room temperature automations for their curtain motor yet?

(Andrey Glavchev) #22

Hi John.

I am struggling to make the motor recognize the entire length of the track. I tried your method without any luck. It seems that there is the discovery mode in which the motor works at reduced speed and finds the end of the track. Still it refuses to work over the entire length - only about a meter or something, not matter the beginning or the end.

Can you give me more details on how you managed to do it?

I followed this youtube video to reset my aqara motor to recognize the full 3.2meter track.

(Andrey Glavchev) #24

Thank you! Yes, this video helped me. It seems that the motor came with a default setting for 90cm length and has to be reset.

Awesome, happy to hear you were successful in resetting the motor. Mine also came stopping around a meter and scratched my head for a bit before finding that youtube video. My WAF is high on the curtain automations and wished there will be a similar Aqara motor/track for vertical blinds in the future.