Without a keypad... how do children disarm ST?

by @geko the SmartThings author “Please note that this app is provided here as is and is no longer supported. Smart Alarm users are advised to switch to Smart Home Monitor (SHM), the native home security application developed and supported by SmartThings.” I got this from his github.

So I am assuming based on the current posting by ST that this is one of those apps that is being pulled out of the Marketplace.

UPDATED: BUT now I see @geko posted this recently

4 Likes

Agreed. This user is looking for recos for smartthings. Not terse opinions on smartthings as an alarm system. I would like a keypad as well for the same use case.

You are replying to a post which is over a year old, so the information in this thread is now out of date.

See the following FAQ on keypad options. ( this is a clickable link)

Also, if the issue is just something simple for kids to use, the new SmartThings/ADT security panel system offers a key fob device for disarming. Note that this device can only be used with that specific model, not with the original hub. But if you haven’t bought your hub yet, and you are primarily interested in security, you should definitely look at the ADT/SmartThings things model.

https://www.smartthings.com/adt

1 Like