[WITHDRAWN] Denon Network AV Receivers

Set up what you want as Favorites. Then have the commands “cursor thru” the list till you get what you want.

I’m excited to see that this is still active. My Denon AVR-790 is starting to give me the HDMI death screen after nearly eight years of regular service. I’m one of the four people in the world who made it longer than two or three years before seeing this, so I consider myself fortunate.

The wife has approved a new receiver for the theater, so I picked up a Marantz SR5011 last night, and it will arrive tomorrow.

Some questions for those of you with similar receivers… Can I use the Zone2 pre-amp outputs independent of the Zone2 amp outputs? I intend to run the full 7.2 speaker setup in my theater, and I have not yet found out whether Zone2 is still a functional output when the amplifier output is set up to operate with Zone1 surround.

Either way, I’m excited about the prospect if integrating the receiver with the theater. :smiley:

Awesome! And the answer is YES: you can use the internal amps for your 7.2 theater, and send the Zone2 preamp out to a separate amp and it will work. So you can feed your tv to the 7.2 theater, while having Pandora playing in Zone2 in another room.

1 Like

This device type “sort of” works with the Marantz SR5011 unit that arrived. I can switch sources but the text under the play/pause button keeps scrolling up over and over again with the name of the source.
I’m also not able to power the unit on or off with this device type as that function does not seem to appear in the device.

Has anyone used a newer Denon/Marantz system with either DB’s later device type or the original one?

I was able to rename my devices in the DTH to match my renamed inputs on the receiver (purely an aesthetic thing). I just don’t know enough about programming to figure out what’s going on with this.

Does anyone know if this works with Denon AVR-S720W?

Yes, 100% …I really need to get back to this…Its way overdue…You can grab the handler from here…

2 Likes

Please do, cause I’m itching to get my Marantz fully functional.

I cannot do much about that, it’s the ST mobile up that’s doing it, I have no control over it…

What else are you looking for?

Let me get some time at home where I can sit in the utility room and flip through the app… It isn’t working right with the 2015/2016/2017 series Marantz units.

Dunno whether this helps… the app is working fine with my Denon x3300w, which is the 2016 model year.

1 Like

Now this was a nice 2.3 Android well overdue ‘gift’…

@Synthesis

I don’t think I published this one did I? Or maybe I did. I am really dragging my feet. Maybe now with this update I’ll get to it tomorrow

Ok. It’s definitely performing better now, but I’m still having an issue.

Example: The six icons readily available on the screen below the play button are:

Cable, TV, Blu-ray
Chromecast, Amazon TV, Bluetooth

When I select TV, the play/pause button at the top is showing as a “Pause” symbol, below that it says TV Audio and that keeps scrolling up, to be replaced by TV Audio immediately. That looks designed that way, so not a big issue.
BUT, the Cable button is the one that stays highlighted blue.
Tapping on Chromecast should switch to my Roku box but that takes anywhere from 10 seconds to never to switch.

If I use the Marantz app, it does it immediately.

Example: Blu-ray is “VR Mode” in our house. When VR Mode is on, the input is from my gaming system, output is to the television… It takes a long time for that to switch, and the device type doesn’t reflect the change.

Yup, that’s where I stopped. I couldn’t get it to color the active input…

And the other enhancement I was playing with, is switching the sound mode. If you look at the log entries, you see I am able to capture the current surround mode (stereo in your picture). I want to be able to cycle through the surround modes from one button.

Also, I am trying to make the labels configurable. So that you can change the name from the app to Roku, instead of having it say Chromcast. Those inputs correspond to my inputs, but each person has a different set of inputs just like you. It’s a quick change in the code if you want to overwrite those. I can show where, but I think I can make those labels configurable…

Yeah, I replaced the device handler last night so that I could start fresh before posting here.

I was running your device handler, but had modified it to show the names I had set, but that was the only modification I had made.

Re: your first response, that sounds like what I’m seeing. I missed the post where the DTH wasn’t fully finished/operational, so no worries. I understand. :slight_smile:

If you decide to continue working on this, I’m more than happy to be one of your guinea pigs. Adding an on/off function would be phenomenal.

1 Like

On/off for the AVR? The play and pause act like on/off. I cannot modify the icons or the text, but the function is on/off

Hmmmm. The unit was non-responsive when hitting pause/play…

I’ll dig into this a bit more and do some testing this evening.

1 Like

Also thinking to enable speech Synthesis capability, so I don’t have to run two handlers for the same device. The problem I was having is that if a message comes through from EchoSistant, the input stays on DNLA… so is very annoying to have to manually switch inputs…

Please do, and let me know…

Just popped in from work and watched the status via the web page for the receiver.

Pause/Play does power the receiver on… Zone 2 is non-functional, of course. I think I saw that earlier in the thread.

Buttons do seem to be switching sources as well. :slight_smile:

Turning the power on/off via the web interface does not reflect in the Device within SmartThings, even if I wait several minutes.

1 Like