Wink now supports August Locks why can't ST?

So I got this email today stating that Wink can now integrate with August Locks + August Connect. So what’s taking ST so long to do the same? I get there were issues about polling and states. But can similar integrations be looked at? My Harmony Hub has August integration and now it looks like wink does as well. So where is ST on this?

1 Like

Interesting! never realized they had that Connect module that gets around the limited bluetooth range issue.

Since ST doesn’t support BT, they can’t support August locks. With August Connect, it opens up the possibility this could be supported in the future.

That sure is an expensive solution when comparing it to existing locking solutions from Schlage or Kwikset. Why is it one considers choosing that option?

1 Like

One reason I can see, although I can’t speak for the original poster, is that August supports HomeKit. So, a little money now helps future proof things if you want to go a different route.

2 Likes

Some places have strata rules or in apartment/condo buildings where all units have to visually look the same from the outside. Items like August are the only way to maintain the look from the outside but add smart features.

2 Likes

Also, if you have their doorbell it functions as a gateway to the lock so the combination is more reasonable priced. I think their product is great except for the lack of integration with ST.

1 Like

I personally like that the August doesn’t look like a smart lock from the outside whereas other setups are more obviously smart locks.

The only downside is the lack of direct SmartThings integration.

1 Like