Wind sensor (2019)

I’ve just ran through the topic. You have collected almost all options. Sadly the Qubino one is not listed anymore on their website, but that one had a DH from Qubino. (I wanted to buy one, but couldn’t find any in Europe for an affordable price.)
The Ambient Weather integration could work well in the US.

The DH uses a private key, so a Personal Weather Station is required. The Ambient Weather stations are fairly cheap.
https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather-WiFi-Station/dp/B01N5TEHLI?ref_=ast_sto_dp
The Osprey is one of the best selling. Not perfect, but it works for most of the people. (It is a so called Fine Offset clone, the same company sells the same sensor sets to other companies. Ambient Weather in the US, Froggit in the UK, Eurochron in elsewhere Europe sold by Conrad. And many others. The base has an ESP board for wifi and to connect the sensors by a local “free use” frequency like 433Mhz in Europe.)
They can be connected to a local weather station server like WeeWX too, by doing some tinkering on the network. Then WeeWX has an extension to publish a json what can be read by a DH on the local network.

I have one, set up the last way, except I haven’t connected yet to Smartthings as the WeeWX running on a RPi0W, and it is a bit weak for the task. I haven’t swapped it for a RPi3 yet.

2 Likes