Who wants to get paid Write Code?

I have a slurry of items connected to my smartthings with lights, locks, motion sensors, switches, and leak detectors. I’ve got everything well categorized, and a series of if/then statements which would be a great outline for designing this, as well as a list of the names of each of my sensors. The smart apps that are pre-made don’t have the horsepower I’d want. Who’s looking for some extra coin and willing to write a program for me? I’d really be looking for hourly rates, and we can go from there. Let me know, thanks

If WebCore can’t do what you want, i’m guessing it can’t be done.

1 Like

You may still want to find someone to pay to do this, and I’m sure you’ll get some responses, but as @Automated_House mentioned, Webcore is a very powerful rules engine, essentially a scripting language for SmartThings, and it can probably do anything you can think of. :sunglasses:

If you aren’t a programmer yourself, that’s fine – – there are many people in the community who will be happy to help you build specific Pistons (that’s what webcore calls rules). In fact, they have their own forum just for peer assistance. So you might want to take a look into that.

Here’s the starting FAQ (this is a clickable link)

Thanks for your help and I’ll dig there. It’s not difficult sequences, I just have difficulty spelling c++ let alone program

2 Likes