Which security camera(s)

I’m on the hunt for a couple of 2-3 cameras that’ll work with ST. I’m currently waiting on a Ring Doorbell 2 arriving, so that should cover the front door. Secondly, a hallway camera as I’m toying with the idea of fitting smart locks that’ll allow me to let the delivery man in (but want to see that he’s only stopping there.)
Next, I’m looking at something that’ll be basically acting as a baby monitor.
Finally, an external camera for the back of the house.

Ideally I’d like all to have the option of free or cheap backup - either cloud storage, FTP or local storage. Which rules out Nest as I’m really tired of leaking away earnings with a million micro-subscriptions. I was looking at the Netatmo Welcome for the hallway camera - it doesn’t look like it plays with ST, but does everything else pretty well. Any experiences of those? And what about the other cameras - any recommendations?

@tenohfive
I am currently using the Arlo brand as they have a very nice integration with Smartthings and the 7 day cloud storage is free for the first 5 cameras. Plus some of the models also have ports for flash drives to get local backup, (notice I said back up as they do require the cloud to operate). I would look at their Q and Q Plus models to see if they fit your bill. (Without looking I am not sure if the original Q model has local storage).

Brian

1 Like

Thanks, @hbr/Brian, but I think you meant to reply to @tenohfive…I was just posting that link to help him out, I’m not looking for a security camera at the moment :slight_smile:

@Danabw
Sorry about that. I missed that.

Brian

1 Like