Where to go to actually control your things?

Hey All,

As a V1 User for a short time, of course everything got thrown on the Dashboard and it was a quick and easy way to access your stuff. Am I to assume the way you now have to do this in V2 is to go to the four squares Icon and select either your “Room” or the entire list of things to check their status?

Thanks!

From the mobile app, yes.

Thanks for the confirmation. It’s rather annoying, though. The V1 way with the categories was a convenient way to manage your stuff. granted, sorting by room is nice, but it takes too many clicks to do a simple task now.

Is there a way to set the App to always open up on that screen vs the Dashboard screen?

1 Like

It’s different. I was more a fan of the old style as well.
Sorry, I don’t think it’s possible right now to set screen preferences aside from simple top/bottom order.

1 Like

[quote=“Jnick, post:3, topic:24688”]
granted, sorting by room is nice, but it takes too many clicks to do a simple task now
[/quote]I have two odd “rooms” that I sort to the top:

“Doors” - has all my exterior doors/locks.
“Heating” - has my two thermostats

Of course, you can also do stuff with routines, but you can’t see the status of things with routines. So I find having these two “rooms” gives me quick access to some of what I miss from the old interface.

That’s actually a really neat idea! Thanks!!