Where is the IP camera support?

Yeah, I second that question. I don’t mind helping integration of other camera’s, but I’d like something fairly “official from SmartThings” before hacking together a solution for my device (that I have yet to order).

2 Likes

Foscam support is coming. No timeline for that but it is moving.

4 Likes

You can actually already integrate ALL 1900+ cameras supported by IP Cam Viewer using it’s embedded web server as a transcoder/proxy!

Run the app on an old android device in Record Mode. I set it to record only on motion with notification but it doesn’t matter. The embedded web server has a snapshot and mjpeg feed for ALL cameras configured in the app so that means dvr with proprietary protocols and rtsp/onvif devices now have a simple common interface:

“/v1/stream/last_frame.jpg?name=[name]”
"/v1/stream/last_frame.mjpg?name=[name]"

see http://hit-mob.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5669&p=7296#p7296

1 Like

I just bought one so I can join more loudly in the call for full support on these :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have a Foscam 9821w V2 that I use and am definitely ready for official support on these! Waiting patiently.

@Ben, have there been talks to view the Dropcam video feed live from the app? Will you be able to with Foscam? Or will you only be able to view snapshots in the app?

2 Likes

Any news on Foscam? I’m new to ST, but I really would appreciate a more open development, like open beta testing, a schedule with ETA’s, etc…

Also patiently waiting for Foscam support; Purchased a SmartThings with Foscam + IFTTT in mind

I was able to create a Foscam device type and add my Foscam cameras to the ST mobile app.

I can take snapshots, turn on/off/auto IR LEDs, go to Presets and Turn motion alarm on/off.

With the added benefit of use the Https CGI queries. So no clear user/pasw send.

Your Foscam model will have to support Https and DDNs with myfoscam.org for this solution to work.

So far the only functionality I have not been able to make work is the Photo Burst (yet)

1 Like

Also take a look here if you dont want to open up ports on your network.

So no Foscam support yet?

Same here , Foscam 9821W V2 ( X8)

Yeah, waiting here too…

@Ben - Any updates on the Foscam integration availbility timelines ?

1 Like

I use IP Cam Viewer on all my devices for varied cameras.
I just stumbled across this!
http://hit-mob.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5714&p=7373
I searched and did not find it discussed here, thought I would share.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to try this out! I have some Grandstream IP cameras and use IP Cam Viewer. Unknown camera brand but they make some pretty nice units with GREAT quality.

Will have to try it. Thnx.

I can picture that running on the 7" Android with the ST Dashboard I’ll have on the Living Room wall someday…

So it looks like this is only available via Android and not iOS. Anyone get this to work on iOS?

Is the FI9821P (Plug and Play version) supported by ST?

You could probably modify my Blue Iris app, assuming your NVR has an http api. Otherwise just use Blue Iris, which is awesome.