What's the latest on Sunrise/Sunset?

I’ve read lots of posts from those having trouble using sunrise & sunset based schedules, now mine aren’t working. Specifically sunset… sunrise seems to work in all the SmartApps using it.
I’ve tried the usual stuff - deleting the Smartapps & adding them back, clinking ‘update’ on the weather station in the IDE… what do do next?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome to the largest clique in the ST community.

Seriously though, if you’ve read the posts, then you’ve seen hardware and external timing alternatives, otherwise there’s not much you can do. Just keep reading and pick a solution that works for you.

1 Like

I’m lucky and my Smart Lighting rule for turning on/off at sunset/sunrise has been working flawlessly for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, I seem to be in the minority…

My set up is very basic, just a couple lights, and no offset, just a simple rule:

Mine failed again tonight. I have two separate lighting apps one usually triggers tonight both failed tonight.

My driveway light turned on at sunset consecutively for over 300 days until last week. Now fails to turn on at sunset most nights (the rule doesn’t even run some nights according to logs). I setup IFTTT the other day to work around since turn on/off at set clock times don’t work in SmartThings either.

The same light continues to turn off at sunrise without fail using smartthings.