What is happening with Rboy apps LUM / new Samsung platform migration?

It’s been over 3 months since Rboy customers received a message regarding a Samsung migration. According to rboyapps website, a migration to a new platform from Samsung’s Groovy platform was suppossed to have occurred with Samsung migrating the lock management application and resumption of remote lock capabilities via smartthings. This still has not occurred and all locks on the smartthings platform no longer are automatically updated with new guest codes when reservations are made via short term rental service ( airbnb, vrbo, etc) as they were prior to the introduction of the new platform.

Is it too much to expect Samsung to ensure continuity and work with partners to ensure the smartthings platform does not lose functionality and value? And with no communication from Samsung or Rboys on status this is truly poor customer experience-

Unfortunately, yes. Samsung pretty much never takes responsibility for third-party partners, big or small. :disappointed_relieved:

There’s been quite a bit of discussion among customers in this forum about various alternatives, including the ones for Locks. That’s all unofficial, of course. If you’d like to see some of those you can start with the following:

Manage Rental Lock Codes And Home/Away after Groovy?

Or this one for a more general discussion to see what other people are doing.

Replace Groovy with Automations—what’s your plan?

It looks like beta drivers are released. http://smartthings.rboyapps.com/Drivers/BETA%20Drivers.htm

Anyone try this?

Post here when you get results!

The link you shared returns a 404 error after I signed in. I think it may be truncated.

http://smartthings.rboyapps.com/Drivers/BETA%20Drivers.htm

OK i did a test run on one lock - all worked, re-paired lock is using the new rboy driver but I dont know how to manage it in the ST app. The old lock managers still appear grayed out, not usable.

Pinging rboy support now

You’re aware there is no new lock manager. This is just a driver, you will have to use the solution you have been using to this point or wait for the Edge version.

2 Likes

Yep, figured that out - still need the new manager app. Wish rboy was more clear about that.

Still, it’s progress

3 Likes

I updated to Rboys Beta drivers on 3 Schlage connected locks. Unfortunately, the locks now go “offline” repeatedly. Hopefully, they will post an update to the drivers.

I had added the drivers to my system but not actually updated (was still on groovy). last week they automatically updated and I’m experiencing the same thing. Unfortunately when I try to change the driver there’s no smartthings generic driver available :frowning:

@JMK1 @Curt_Morse try this driver. See if it works better for you.

Hi. I’m a newbie, so forgive me in advance. Had my Schlage Locks on SmartThings for several years and have been very happy with it. But I needed a way to set the system so that different people who have access to the building are restricted to certain hours, you know what I mean? I discovered the Rboy app. But unfortunately there’s not a lot of documentation on how to use it. Plus they’re going through some sort of limbo while they are working things out with samsung. So even though I paid for the app I’m really unable to do anything. I installed the Rboy universal driver successfully. And I see a few more controls that I have through SmartThings than I had before. But I don’t see anything that looks like what I need, which is a way to restrict access to individuals based on the time of day, you know? I clicked your link in the above post hoping it might leave me in the right direction, but I just see a list of drivers and Z wave compatibility etc. I don’t really understand if there’s something in there that would allow me to do what I want to do. Do you have any advice or could you buy me in the right direction? I guess, Gathering from what I’ve read on the forums, that there used to be an app called LUM? But I guess that’s now defunct? Any advice you have would be appreciated. Or anybody else on the Forum that sees this post. Thanks.

Try Aurmur, it will do exactly what you need, there’s a monthly per lock fee.

me too. goes offline sporadically now.