What did you buy for Prime Day 2019?

I didn’t need anything but some great deals were there.

I already got my Show 5’s on release at a discount. The Prime Day deal was even sweeter though so great news for those that benefited from that.

2 Likes

If you have an echo device, the echo buttons are very nice cheap buttons. They have to be within Bluetooth range of an echo device, but definitely nice for a nightstand or coffee table type device.

$20 for a two pack.

You could have the echo button trigger and echo routine (not a SmartThings routine) and then have that turn on a virtual switch, and you’re all set. :sunglasses:

Amazon is only offering me $25.00 gift card for an Echo (non-show) 1st Generation (doesn’t seem to hear very well anymore so I’m tempted to upgrade to a Show. So $49.99 - $25 = $24.99 cost for the upgrade.

Not bad… but not $4.41. How did you get such a big trade-in value?

There’s also a 25% discount applied to your account after you commit to the trade in. It is applied to a new echo device during checkout. (If they are still offering it)

1 Like

There’s also a 20% discount ( off regular price) that shows up in the cart at c[quote=“tgauchat, post:23, topic:168344, full:true”]

Amazon is only offering me $25.00 gift card for an Echo (non-show) 1st Generation (doesn’t seem to hear very well anymore so I’m tempted to upgrade to a Show. So $49.99 - $25 = $24.99 cost for the upgrade.

Not bad… but not $4.41. How did you get such a big trade-in value?
[/quote]

There’s also a 20% discount ( off regular price) that shows up in the cart during checkout. That’s what dropped it from $25 to $4.

2 Likes

Somehow it finally offered me only $22.50; maybe I checked the wrong box or something.

But I also got the 25% off. So net: $9.83. Good enough for me.

3 Likes

That’s how I ended up with a second Show 5 purchase, after reading about the trade-in which I didn’t know about lol. Mine rang up to $5.13.

2 Likes

In California, we have to pay an extra $5 recycle fee. I also remember when Amazon couldn’t ship certain Philips Hue products to California because it didn’t have some kind of CA warning label printed. Hue products would go on sale, but not the CA version! Everything seems more expensive here. sigh.

2 Likes

I went into the thinking there wasn’t much that I needed or wanted to purchase pertaining to home automation but curse you Amazon! As I started browsing the sales, I ended up seeing all those great prices on TVs. I bought my 55” TV ten years ago, works perfectly fine but somehow it seemed inadequate. Gone are the years where my parents bought a TV and kept it for more than 25 years. I ended up wanting to go big and bought a 110" projection system with an ultra short throw projector that only needs to be about 2 feet away from the screen. I’m lucky that my wife is letting me rearrange the entire living room to fit this in. :slightly_smiling_face:

Amazon makes it too easy to purchase things that I didn’t know I wanted.

3 Likes

Show 5 and a Roomba!

2 Likes

I keep thinking about one but with my two beasts I’d probably need several.

2 Likes

Got the $5 amazon wifi plug (when ordered via Alexa) and a Roborock S50 vaccuum for my mom for $398.

2 Likes

Hi JDR,
Having problems connecting (cheap) Smart Outlet with LED to Smartthings.
Can control from Smart Life app and from Alexa.
Was thinking (and perhaps you would know) if I created a virtual switch in Smartthings and set up a Routine in Alexa that when the Virtual Switch changes states, it would turn on or off the smart outlet.
Do you know or think this is possible?
Thanks,
Darren

See the faq

Integrating WiFi Switches/Plugs that use the Tuya SmartLife App or eWeLink app

1 Like

Thank you kindly JDR…

Already set up IFTTT and Alexa. Next, will set up the virtual switch in IDE (surprised there isn’t just a virtual device direct in the Smartthings app) and the will return to IFTTT to set up the x4 applets.
If not finished today, hope to have it working by the weekend.
Super!!!

Edit that. Found Virtual Device Creator. Off to IFTTT! :blush:

3 hue colour bulbs
Echo 3rd gen
Garden storage
Yale smart handle
Power bank
2 7”fire tablets
Smart plug bar
Led strip light

1 Like

Interested in how the Echo Clock works for you - I had a lot of trouble with it but if anyone can make it work it’s you :slight_smile:

It’s working great for us, but we heard that the first release had a lot of problems staying connected. They then withdrew it from the market for a couple of months, but the version that’s available now has been improved in that regard.

I had what I thought was the second release (bought 3 weeks ago) and had to send it back - disconnected three times in three days from the Gen 2 Echo which was 5 feet away from it. Had to set up from scratch every time. And, though it makes no sense to me given its connection is BT - its connected Echo kept losing internet which it never had before and never has since. Wondering if I got a first version that they just resent. I really would love it to work.

1 Like

Ours is on the wall at the opposite end of the kitchen from the dot that it is associated with. It’s been up for about a week, no disconnects.

You could check if there’s a way to update the firmware.

1 Like