Wemo Update issue

I have a wemo insight switch - when I tried to set an “auto off” rule, a popup says that I needed to up date the insight. However when I hit the yes to upgrade nothing happens. As well, there isn’t any link for updating the insight in the wemo settings section . Anyone else have this problem? What is the resolution?
THanks

I am very frustrated> I like the on off remote feature-but bought the insight switch to be able to program on off times.
The app does not show an update available -not until I try to program the auto off feature. Then as I close the auto off programming feature- I will get a pop up that tells me that this feature needs to have a firmware update to work. Support tells me that I have an old (wemo_ww_2.00.3007.pvt) firmware on my insight switch. The nice lady from the Fillipines tells me that I need to open more ports on my router which doesn’t make sense to me since I can remotely operate the switch, which means that ports are open to allow communication with the device. I am sorely disappointed with this item and wonder if it really is ready for prime time. I have spent many hours on this and am about to return them to Best Buy.

If I go into the Wemo app and click settings and about, the firmware option pops up within a second.

As for the ports - ignore that.

I have 4 of them, and they work fine.

I went out and bought a plain wemo switch versus the insight version. THis time I can initiate an auto off command without the popup saying I need to update the device. However, the switch doesn’t turn off after the programmed 10 minute test time. IS ANYONE ABLE TO GET THE AUTO OFF FEATURE TO WORK?
tia
Rich